10 Things College Students Are Thankful For This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

While November is a month of giving thanks, college students tend to appreciate different things than the average person. Here are ten things you might be thankful for if you are in college.

1. A fridge full of groceries. Nothing compares to this beautiful sight.

2. Free coffee on the quad. I’ll sign whatever petition you have or join any organization you want.

3. Let me take that back, free anything. Hope you got your free Krispy Kreme doughnut on election day because of your “I voted” sticker!

4. Toilet paper. I never realized how quickly it ran out until I had to buy it myself.

5. Netflix to ease my stress when I have 4 research papers, 9 exams and 20 projects hanging over my head. They can wait, right?

6. Student discounts to Spotify, Amazon, etc. Why does my ilstu.edu ever have to expire?

7. Classes that begin after 11 a.m. Every minute of sleep counts. Don’t even look at me in an 8 a.m.

8. Teachers who aren’t sarcastic when answering your question. You’re the real MVP!

9. Teachers who don’t call on you when you aren’t raising your hand. Bless your soul.

10. Any and all of the precious time spent with my dog. I’m starting to question if getting a degree is worth months at a time without you.

Contributor account for Illinois State