10 Thank You’s To My Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

An extraordinary blessing is having that one, true best friend. Now don’t get me wrong, I had a group of girlfriends to who I was extremely close with growing up but I had yet to find the Blair to my Serena. Luckily for me and many other girls, college has brought me to my number one best friend, my sister, and the peanut butter to my jelly. Nothing is “TMI” or out of bounds, they know you better then you know yourself. Best of all, you know they’ll love you even when they’re holding your hair back from that rough night at Monday night Joe’s. So here’s to all the best friends out there that not only play the role of a friend but a sister, a mother and a boyfriend. After all, who needs a guy when we have our best friend am I right?

1. Thank you for knowing that I am weird, and choosing to stick around.

2. Thank you for loving me, even when I don’t always show my love for you.

3. Thank you for seeing me at my absolute worst: sobbing, sick, upset, hung over, and being there for me through it all.

4. Thank you for all the times you told me not to waste my time on a stupid boy and thank you for being there for me when I didn’t listen to you and got my heart broken.

5. Thank you for being there for me when I freak out about my future, and have no slight clue of what I want to do.

6. Thank you for being a horrible dancer with me and not being embarrassed by my twerking.

7. Thank you for starting a diet with me over and over again and making me feel less guilty about that pizza we ate at 2:00 a.m.

8. Thank you for being my go-to drinking buddy and always going out with me, even when you have that 8:00 a.m. lab the next day.

9. Thank you for allowing me to annoy you endlessly and being patient when I push your buttons.

10. But most of all, thank you for the amazing memories that bring nothing but joy to my mind. Thank you for being the person you are, and always being there for me when I need you most. I love you.

Contributor account for Illinois State