10 Must Haves in Your Spring Break Carry On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Illinois State chapter.

Spring break is right around the corner and a warm destination is the place to be. These items will ensure you have all you need to be prepared for your flight.

1.     The Perfect Size Tote

Your bag does not have to be anything fancy. Target’s “A New Day” tote in blush in the perfect size to carry everything you need and more with its roomie interior.

Via Target $29.99

2. Wallet

You’re going to need your ID, credit cards, cash, and maybe even your passport if you’re travelling abroad. Also from Target, this large credit card wallet is perfect to hold everything you need. Even put your plane in there to be more organized.

Via Target $7.99

3. Portable Charger

We all can agree on that our phone battery sucks, so a portable charger that is inexpensive and small is very helpful when traveling. This charger from walmart is less than $10 and will charge your phone wherever you are.

Via Walmart $8.49

4. Sunglasses

On any vacation, the perfect pair of sunglasses completes the look. These torte cat eye sunglasses from American Eagle add 50’s inspiration to your vacation style.

Via American Eagle $15.95

5. Eye Mask

Flights are the time to catch some zzzs! Not only do they help you sleep, they also let people know you do not want to be disturbed. Wake up fresh and relaxed with this cozy eye mask.

Via Forever 21 $6.90

6. Scrunchies

Putting your hair up in a messy bun in the warm weather is the most comfortable way to go! Avoid your hair sticking to your neck with these cute scrunchies that won’t pull on your hair.

Via Target $6.99

7. Chapstick

Wearing lipstick or lipgloss on a flight can be sticky, so a tinted chapstick is perfect to keep your lips hydrated without smacking on the heavy lip products!

Via Ulta $4.99

8. Deodorant

Deodorant keeps you clear from the B.O. Pick up a travel one size that is less than 3.4 oz. to freshen during your travels.

Via Walmart $1.62

9. Something to Read

Bringing a couple magazines or a tablet is perfect to pass time during your flight. Just make sure if you’re bringing your tablet that it’s charged before!

Via Amazon

10. Swimsuit

When you’re going somewhere warm, there is always a chance your luggage will get stranded behind or delayed from your arrival to the hotel. Pack a swimsuit in your carry on so your ready to lay by the pool!

Target Top $17.99 Bottoms $14.99

Ashley Painter

Illinois State '20

Hi I am Ashley! I love being apart of Her Campus and am so grateful for all the opportunities this organization has given me. I am the current Editor in Chief at Illinois Sate University and previous Social Media Director. I am majoring in Public Relations and will be graduating this May 2020. I am persuing a career in PR, marketing, and media. Follow me on Social media! Instagram @ashleypainterr Facebook @Ashley Lauren
Contributor account for Illinois State