Campus Cutie: Jonavin Freeman ’21

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Hobart and William Smith’s Campus Cutie of the week is Jonavin Freeman! Jon is currently a first year at HWS and plans on being a psychology and economics double major. You will often catch him on the football field or in the library catching up with his friends while studying. Get to know more about our Campus Cutie by reading about his interests both on and off campus. 

Basics

Name: Jonavin Freeman

Year: First-Year

Major: Possibly double major in psychology and economics

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

Activities: Football

Interested In: Women

Relationship Status: Single

Describe Yourself in 3 Words: Very. Fricking. Awesome.

Favorite:

Place on Campus: Library

Place in Geneva: HWS campus 

Movie/TV show: Scott Bruno vs The World and Once Upon a Time

Food: I will eat anything. 

Class: Psychology and my Writing Seminar

Random:

MQ: What quote do you live by and why?

“Things don’t last, and these things fade.” Nothing is forever. So you must live in the moment instead of getting down on yourself. You never know when your time here will end.

MQ: Where do you see yourself in 10-20 years?

I don’t like to think much about tomorrow. I prefer working on the present because the things I do now will lead to a successful future.

MQ: If you could spend the day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be?

Drake

MQ: If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?

Philadelphia. It’s the center of the universe.

MQ: What is something most people on campus don’t know about you?

I sleep with my teddy bear every night, his name is Sunny.

MQ: Do you have a story that you’d care to share with us all?

While I was in a car in to Florida, my cousin told me he was going to play me something awesome. I was sitting behind the passenger seat, and my head was resting on the window. My cousin put on the “Thank Me Later” album. I heard the beat come on, and that’s the moment I fell in love with Drake.

MQ: How do you feel about being nominated as a Campus Cutie?

I feel thankful. I have to thank my parents for the good genes, my dad for raising me well, and my friends for shaping who I am. Most importantly I have to thank myself for being who I am.

MQ: What would you like to be remembered for?

In high school I was involved in arts and the school musical. So I want to people to remember me for more than one thing, more than football. I want to be remembered as the person who was able to talk to everyone and anyone and for being a nice person.

If you see Jon around campus be sure to say hi! He loves to meet new people!

Meg Quint is a first year at Hobart and William Smith Colleges. She plans on majoring in biochemistry with a minor in LGBT studies. Meg plans on earning a to medical degree (M.D.) after graduating from HWS. On campus, Meg participates in the health professions club, the Pride Alliance, and she works in admissions exposing potential students to all HWS has to offer. Meg has always enjoyed writing, meeting new people, and celebrating her peer's achievements. She believes HerCampus will allow her to combine all of these passions resulting in exciting articles for your reading pleasure!