Campus Cutie: Joey Mullaney ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Hobart and William Smith’s Campus Cutie of the week is Joey Mullaney! Joey is currently a junior here at HWS. As a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity as well as an ambassador for many different companies, Joey shows his outgoing and friendly side by getting to know many different people. Get to know more about our Campus Cutie by reading about his interests both at Hobart and William Smith and off campus.

Name: Joseph Edward Mullaney

Nickname: Joey, Bo Dids

Class Year: 2018

Major: Media and Society

Minor: Psychology

Hometown: Dover, MA

Activities: Kappa Sigma Fraternity, ski team member, recreational basketball player, Chubbies ambassador, Bierstick intern, Brewsees ambassador

Interested In: Women

Relationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in three words: Fun, passionate, and friendly

Celebrity Crush: Jennifer Lawrence

Favorite…

Place to Party: My house, Kappa Sig.

Food: Definitely buffalo wings.

Movie: Pulp Fiction

Place at HWS: The quad in the spring.

Place to eat in Geneva: I’m gonna go with Eddie O’Briens… they have great nachos.

HC: Why did you choose to come to HWS?

JM: It seemed like a good school and fun spot with the lake right here. It’s also close enough but still far away from home. The people here also help make it a great experience.

HC: How do you feel about being nominated as Campus Cutie?

JM: I am freakin’ thrilled to be nominated. It is a honor and I really am flattered. 

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

JM: I like a nice voice, fun personality. She has to be outgoing and I am definitely a blonde guy.

HC: What’s your dream date?

JM: Dream date would be going out to a nice dinner and then taking my car to a drive-in movie theater and seeing a classic movie there.  

HC: What’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?

JM: Oh my worst dates…a girl picked me up and we went to Boston. I am only fifteen years old at the time and she ended up bringing me to this condom world shop. The whole drive there and back was completely silent and super awkward. Overall, she was a little too boring for me so I left early to go home and never talked to her again.

HC: What is your dream job?

JM: I would love to be a screenwriter for a fun television show, which would relocate me to LA. That’s the dream.

HC: What are you doing this summer?

JM: I am working on a dude ranch in Montana this summer. I will be cleaning the cabins and baby-sitting guests’ children. I am so so pumped to be out there in the mountains, and I will definitely be wearing my ranch hat every single day.

HC: What’s your biggest fear?

JM: I have a huge fear of fire. I can’t deal with heat, stoves, anything like that. I am terrified of getting badly burned.

HC: Who is your role model? Why?

JM: My role model is probably my mom. Growing up she acted not only as my mother figure, but my father figure as well when my parents were going through their divorce. I did everything with her and throughout our close bonding during my childhood, she taught me how to be the person I am today.

HC: What do you want to be remembered for at HWS?

JM: I’ve actually always thought about this question. I want to be remembered for overall just being just a nice guy, generous, and thoughtful towards other people, as well as being very successful.

Haleigh is a sophomore at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS), where she is pursuing her Bachelor of Arts in Media and Society with a minor in Writing and Rhetoric. In addition to being a writer for Her Campus, Haleigh is an avid skier, competing at nationals in Oregon and helping the Hobart and William Smith ski team to a spot in the top ten across the entire nation. She is also an active member of the William Smith Club Soccer Team as well as the Women’s Collective Club. Haleigh is obsessed with the TV show "30 Rock" and wants to be just like Tina Fey. Hence, she aspires to eventually be a comedy sketch writer for shows such as Saturday Night Live.
Julia Sipos is a senior at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS) double majoring in International Relations and Spanish & Hispanic Studies with a minor in the Writing Colleague Program. While Julia is a contributor to Her Campus at the Colleges, she is also a Writing Fellow and the president and founder of the HWS Figure Skating Club, which hosts seven events throughout the semester open to any students on campus who want to learn how to skate!