Backstreet’s Back (Again)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

Talk about a serious TB. The Backstreet Boys are back 20 years after their first album release. The ‘90s boy band is set to perform in Las Vegas for a trial run with band members Nick Carter, A.J. McLean, Howie Dorough, Kevin Richardson and Brian Littrell. The group is performing nine shows to test out their market seeing as they haven’t released an album since “This is Us” in 2009. Carter said they are working with “young, hot producers that can give us a fresh new sound.” And we can’t wait to find out what that new sound will be.

Where have these band members been during their hiatus? Carter, who was absolutely the band’s heartthrob, is about to be a dad (weird). His wife, Lauren, is expected to have their baby any day now. McLean, who has dealt with addiction problems is now clean, married, and has a daughter. Dorough went outside the music world and founded a real estate development company called Sweet D. He is also married and the father of two children. Littrel has remained in the music world and has been involved with making Christian music. He and his wife are both devoted Christians and have one son together. Lastly, Richardson has done some modeling and acting over the years and lives with his wife and two sons.

The Vegas show dates have not been announced yet. The group is working to release a single by the end of the year and then create an album and go on tour. Britney Spears and Jennifer Lopez will also be performing in Vegas during the same time, which really enhances the throwback vibes. The boy band sounds like they have a lot of great things happening this year, and we are all antsy to hear it.  

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/04/entertainment/backstreet-boys-vegas-feat/i…