This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HWS chapter.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, it is… and maybe worth a couple of bucks too.

Many people are aware and quite fond of the laptop stickers sold on the website Redbubble. But, many don’t know that the so-called artists that create these stickers do not need a degree in graphic design to publicly display their designs. In other words, anyone can produce and sell their own decals through an easy five-step process and, conveniently, the company carries out three of these steps.

After making a seller account, the first step is to physically create your masterpiece and take a picture of it using a high-resolution camera. Unfortunately, cell phones don’t have the capability of taking such high-resolution photos. After doing this, you simply upload it to your profile in the form of a JPEG or PNG, alter pixels to conform to different sizes of stickers, and set the price of your work. After that, the site handles transactions, printing, and deliveries. Information on the payment process is neatly stated on the website.

One attractive aspect the company has recently promoted is that there are no longer thresholds for artists. This allows creators to get paid each month as opposed to only when they reach a certain value of commission. While many inexperienced entrepreneurs may believe this should always be guaranteed, many seller outlets enforce this policy to get more publicity. 

Laptop stickers are a great way to express your personality whether they’re of funny memes that you strongly relate to or of your life values. In creating stickers, you could help another person display their own interests and ideologies. Additionally, more often than not, the stickers prompt conversation about what people have in common, or even their dissimilarities. This communication can expand knowledge of certain topics and generate new ideas.

Art can act as an outlet for passion regarding social, economic and political issues. Redbubble is a great place to channel such passions

Media and Society Major 
Julia Sipos is a senior at Hobart and William Smith Colleges (HWS) double majoring in International Relations and Spanish & Hispanic Studies with a minor in the Writing Colleague Program. While Julia is a contributor to Her Campus at the Colleges, she is also a Writing Fellow and the president and founder of the HWS Figure Skating Club, which hosts seven events throughout the semester open to any students on campus who want to learn how to skate!