This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

When I go on vacation I try to pack light and fit everything into this Vera Bradley makeup bag. I also like to wear minimal makeup on my vacations because who wants to spend their time getting glammed up when you could be out exploring? Though I can go without 50% of my makeup collection, I need my die hard makeup items otherwise I feel like poop my whole trip. These are my travel makeup essentials that you can take inspo from for your next trip.

It Cosmetics “Your Skin But Better” CC Cream

I hate wearing foundation on vacation, especially tropical vacations. I love the It Cosmetics CC cream because it gives me SPF 50+, skin care benefits of a CC cream, and medium coverage. It feels so light and you just need one pump to even out your skin.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

I am a die hard fan of bronzer! I feel like it gives myself that glow and light contour that my round face needs. Honestly, any bronzer will do regardless of high end or drugstore brand, but I like the Chocolate Soleil bronzer because I need a warmer bronzer for my skin tone and it works well when just warming up the skin or concentrating the product on your cheek bones.

Morphe 350 palette

I just said that I like to pack light but this palette is EVERYTHING to me! The orangey, warm tones are my life and it works well with every outfit. I could probably make 20 different looks with this palette ranging from full glam to natural af. 

ELF Baked Highlighter Duo

This is a hidden gem in the drugstore because IT. IS. SO. POPPIN! It is the bronziest, glowiest, greasiest (in a good way) highlight I have ever seen from the drugstore. It works well as an inner corner highlight, lid color, and in giving you that summer glow! A tip for this product is to scratch off the protective top layer and use it wet with some water or setting spray.

Waterproof mascara

For this item, I am not too particular about a brand but any drugstore one will do. You will want to get waterproof though because when you go swimming or go walking around, you don’t want transfer!

Carmex chapstick and lip gloss

Chapped lips do not look cute – please pack some chapstick! Carmex has SPF to protect you from the sun and maybe use some clear gloss for those nights at dinner.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray

This is something that is so extra but it honestly sets your makeup and feels so refreshing after cleansing your skin. This also helps reduce redness after being outdoors for long periods of time so this product is a win win.

These are my essentials and I swear, with these products I do my makeup in 5 minutes. I bring brushes and sponges to apply my makeup but I would suggest bringing 5 or fewer beauty tools because they take up the most room.

Mariah is 21-years-old senior at Hawaii Pacific University, majoring in Mass Communication concentrating in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring Marketing. On her free time, she likes to join extra-curricular activities at HPU, go to the beach, and hang out with her friends and family.
Amanda is a senior at HPU working towards her degrees in mass communication and integrated multimedia. She loves all things related to design, photography, and journalism. Her dream is to move back to the big apple and work for Cosmopolitan magazine. When not sipping on Starbucks while studying, you can find her doing crossfit or diving.