This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

This part of the semester is crunch time and I can tell that my body is not feeling the best. I have created a self care regime that can help anyone feel refreshed and not so overwhelmed with all the stress of college!

1. Drink a lot of water

I noticed that when I am feeling really tired even after having a cup of coffee, it’s usually an indication that I didn’t have enough water that day. I suggest just rehydrating and making it a priority. Fun ways to make your water more enjoyable to drink are adding lemon or other fruit, it’s very refreshing and tastes really good!

2. Rest

Resting is important when you are balancing multiple tasks throughout the week, so give your body a break! One way I help myself feel fully rested is waking up early and going to bed early – going to bed early gives me the feeling I am fully rested, even if it may be only six hours of sleep. I also like to take a technology detox and clean or straighten around my apartment. I feel that being constantly on technology is very draining so finding other ways to distract yourself can make you feel a bit better.

3. Eat food that makes you feel good

When I am busy, I tend to eat more junk food which makes me feel less than my best. I try to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, which have a lot of benefits within them, like natural energy! My favorites are bananas, spinach, apples, and sweet potatoes.

4. Go outside

Walking around outside while playing music is a way for me to feel really at ease in the midst of all the craziness of college. I usually listen to mellow, soothing songs and really try not to look at my phone while walking around and enjoy the sunshine.

Mariah is 21-years-old senior at Hawaii Pacific University, majoring in Mass Communication concentrating in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring Marketing. On her free time, she likes to join extra-curricular activities at HPU, go to the beach, and hang out with her friends and family.
Katrina Hicks

Northwestern '19

.