Phases of studying for finals with Bob’s Burgers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

We are participating in the most fantastic time of the semester, FINALS WEEK! (says no one ever). Here are some phases that I go through while studying as told by Bob’s Burgers.

Motivated for the first five minutes of studying

Everyone has been there; we create a zen area with snacks and caffeine of your choice to only play on your phone and watch the endless list of videos on Facebook.

Realizing how much you need to actually read

If you are anything like me, then you probably count how many pages you need to read and die a little inside because you should have read when it was assigned.

Calculating your grade and seeing how much you actually need to pass

THIS. IS. ME. EVERY. SEMESTER.

Getting distracted by everything and anything

I am sure when you hear some throwbacks or some head bopping music, you have to stop and dance, unless I am just weird and that is just me…

Telling yourself that you will start studying in the next 10 minutes

But you don’t because you hear Bad Blood by TayTay come on and you are trying to choreograph your own dance!

Accepting that you won’t be studying because all-nighters are not you

I will never, I repeat I WILL NEVER pull an all-nighter because my sleep is more precious than studying…I am serious, in my whole collegiate career I have never pulled an all-nighter I am not ready to commit to dark circles that are hard to get rid of.

Hopefully, these are relatable to your way of studying, I do my best when I just go to bed then just wake up early to study. I ain’t got time to just sit five hours the night before that I am going to forget during my slumber.

Mariah is 21-years-old senior at Hawaii Pacific University, majoring in Mass Communication concentrating in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring Marketing. On her free time, she likes to join extra-curricular activities at HPU, go to the beach, and hang out with her friends and family.
Amanda is a senior at HPU working towards her degrees in mass communication and integrated multimedia. She loves all things related to design, photography, and journalism. Her dream is to move back to the big apple and work for Cosmopolitan magazine. When not sipping on Starbucks while studying, you can find her doing crossfit or diving.