This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Halloween is arguably my favorite holiday of the year and I know I am not alone on this. It marks the start of fall and the beginning of all the fun holiday hoopla. Being a resident of Oahu my whole life means I’ve accumulated a good sense and feel for what to do during Halloween month, and believe me when I say – the festivities are endless! So round up your best ghoulfriends and bring on the dancing pumpkin man.

Haunted houses:

Haunted Plantation

What: Hawaii’s premiere haunted house, voted best in the state and one of the top haunts in the nation (also my personal fav)

When: Oct. 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 31

Where: Waipahu

Website: hawaiihauntedplantation.com

Mummy: Curse of the Crypt

What: Skeleton Key Hawaii presents their brand-new haunted house attraction around the theme of—you guessed it, mummies

When: Oct. 6, 7, 13, 14, 19-21, 26-31

Where: Kailua

Website: skeletonkeyhawaii.com

Ghost tours:

Oahu Ghost Tours

What: These tour guides take you to Oahu’s most haunted, supernatural and superstitious sites on island WITH backstories

When: Monday through Saturday nights year-round

Where: Varies

Website: oahughosttours.com

Pumpkin patches:

Aloun Farms

What: 17th Annual Pumpkin Festival

When: Oct. 14-15, 21-22, 28-29 from 8:30am to 5:00pm

Where: West Oahu

Website: alounfarms.com/pumpkinfestival.html

Waimanalo Country Farms

What: 8th Annual Fall Harvest Festival and Pumpkin Patch

When: Sept. 30 – Oct. 29, times vary

Where: Waimanalo

Website: waimanalocountryfarms.com

Block parties:

Hallowbaloo

What: Music, arts, entertainment and food street festival

When: Oct. 28

Where: Chinatown Arts District & Historic Downtown

Website: hallowbaloo.com

Waikiki on Halloween night

What: Halloween walk/parade/block party basically people dressing up and getting weird

When: Halloween night

Where: Kalakaua Ave (main strip of Waikiki)

Michelle Ann is in her fourth year of college at Hawai'i Pacific University, getting her Bachelor's of Science in Public Health. Between school, her 2 jobs and internship, you can find her burried in a new book (sometimes two at a time), beach lounging and sitcom show binging. Michelle loves consuming good music, great movies, and the internet. 
Amanda is a senior at HPU working towards her degrees in mass communication and integrated multimedia. She loves all things related to design, photography, and journalism. Her dream is to move back to the big apple and work for Cosmopolitan magazine. When not sipping on Starbucks while studying, you can find her doing crossfit or diving.