5 Ways To Make Mondays Fabulous

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at HPU chapter.

Does the thought of it being Monday suck the living soul out of you? Do Mondays make you feel lackluster, unmotivated, or just pissed off at the world in general? Well, you’re not the only one, sister! We all dread the Monday blues.

So, what’s a girl to do in times like these? Whether you’re recovering from a crazy weekend of booze and hangovers, or just have a hatred for all things Monday, here are 5 tips to help make your Mondays fabulous!

1. Sleep right on Sunday night!

Look, I know you spent Friday and Saturday staying up into the early hours of the a.m. Obviously, us college kids just go HAM on the weekends. Whether you spent your weekend getting lit at a house party or binge-watching Netflix, don’t forget that you need your beauty sleep too!

Use Sunday nights to catch up on sleep so that you can wake up feeling fresh on Monday. Try climbing into bed and reading a book by 9 p.m. at the latest. You’ll be catching those Z’s in no time and fixing your sleep schedule for the week. Hello? Staying fabulous doesn’t involve sleep deprivation or under eye bags!

2. Wear something amaaaaaazing!

Yeah, yeah, I get it. It’s Monday, your favorite day of the week to rock sweats and an oversized t-shirt to class. But why subject yourself to the same old routine?

Try something different and start your Monday off fabulous by wearing your favorite outfit that makes you feel confident and fierce, honey! Throw on some glitter highlight and bam! You’ll be looking good and feeling fine all day long without having to think about the way you look.

3. Make your Monday goals easy.

Why stress yourself out today? When deciding what to do for Monday, try to plan easy goals and activities that are doable and that make you feel good about accomplishing them.

Small tasks like cleaning your room or exercising for twenty minutes are realistic and can make you feel productive. One of my easy goals on Monday is to sit down, have a cup of coffee and plan my daily goals for the week. That way, I feel like I’m starting my week off right!

4. Don’t forget to treat yourself!

If you feel like you have nothing to look forward to on Monday, that’s not true! Try making Mondays your “treat yourself” day.

Hey, you’re alive! You made it through the weekend. Why not start your Monday off by eating that piece of chocolate you’ve been craving? Or finishing a whole pizza pie for dinner just because? Have a little fun with your Monday, and make it something to look forward to!

5. Smile and spread positivity. Attitude is everything!

So, you’ve gotten enough sleep, you’re rockin’ your favorite outfit, and you’ve treated yourself, it’s time to show off that beautiful glowing energy! You never know when you’ll meet someone who will grant you the opportunity of a lifetime.

Make Mondays more exciting by smiling and engaging with everyone you encounter. Share what you did over the weekend, laugh and experience life to the fullest! After all, you did just make your Monday fabulous.

Amanda is a senior at HPU working towards her degrees in mass communication and integrated multimedia. She loves all things related to design, photography, and journalism. Her dream is to move back to the big apple and work for Cosmopolitan magazine. When not sipping on Starbucks while studying, you can find her doing crossfit or diving.