Tips For Finals Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

It’s officially finals season. We all know how stressful this time can be. Here are a few tips on how to get through these next upcoming weeks without feeling completely overwhelmed.

1.    Write out an organized schedule of your exam times and locations, that way you know which finals you need to study for first.

2.    Try to avoid studying in your dorm by going to the library or a study room. You are less likely to get distracted in an environment where everyone around you is being productive.

3.    Stay off of your phone when studying. Trust me, anything that’s on Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat will still be there when you finish studying.

4.    Do not, I repeat, DO NOT pull an all-nighter. Nobody wants to feel groggy and sluggish when taking a test.

5.    Quiz yourself before the exam. Do practice problems or practice exams that way you can go into the exam feeling confident that you know the material.

6.    Breath. Take a break every now and then to avoid writer’s block and brain farts.

Even if you do feel overwhelmed just remember that pain is temporary, but GPA is forever. Winter Break is right around the corner. Good luck my fellow Bison!