ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Surprise Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

The newest rage in the beauty world is monthly beauty box subscriptions. And in my opinion the obsession is perfectly justified, it’s like a monthly gift from you, to you. A little something to get you through the month. As Queen Donna once said, “Treat .Yo. Self.”

These boxes contain a combination of full size and sample products; ranging from well-known brands to new ones that havent even hit the shelves yet! These boxes give you the chance to dabble in new products without the stress of actually going to the store. They come right to your doorstep. The best part is the price, the average box costs around $20 monthly, but you get double the value that you’d get from the store.

Here are some of the most popular monthly boxes:

#1: Birchbox

Cost: $10 

#2 Beauty Box 5

Cost: $12 

#3 Glossybox

Cost: $21

#4 Eco-Emi

Cost: $15

#5 Beauty Army

Cost: $12

Now simply pick whichever one best fits your personal beauty desires and start treating yourself every month!

Abigail Howard is a senior at Duke University, majoring in English and Religion.