Gene’a Mitchell ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Name: Gene’a Mitchell 

Major: Speech Pathology

Hometown: Dayton, Ohio

Relationship Status: In A Relationship

Favorite Clothing Item: Jean Jacket

What Do You Look For In A Significant Other: Honesty And Openness. I really look for someone who can accept me as I am; flaws and all, while also telling me when I am in the wrong, etc.

How would others describe you? I think others would describe me as friendly and helpful. Being that I treat my friends as my relatives, and am very protective over them and am willing to help them with anything they need.

What are your plans for post graduation? I plan to go to grad school at North Eastern University for my Masters in Speech Pathology. 

Favorite Thing About HU? The family atmosphere; unlike other Universities, the people at Howard come together in a way that is similar to a family reunion. Although we may not always like the institution of Howard University, the people and the atmosphere are what everyone likes.

Kalia Williams sophomore English major with a a minor in Journalism. She is from McAllen, TX, a budding town on the border of Texas and Mexico. She is interested in fashion, cinematography, traveling and learning languages. In addition to writing for HerCampus-Howard University, she serves as the editor of Sterling Notes, the literary magazine at Howard University. She is an avid fan of soccer and aspires to go to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil!