Five Fall Makeup Trends to Try Before the Season Ends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

1.     Deep Berry Lips

Dark berry lips are very popular during the fall. The color is flattering on dark complexions and it makes your teeth look very white. This look is a little more daring than a red lip but still has a classic feel.

2.     Sultry Smokey Eyes

People wear smokey eyes during every season. However, fall is a great time to wear it if you have not tried a look this bold. Sweep a skin tone or pink shade in the crease of your eye. Then add a black base to your lid. Pack some black eye shadow on top of the base and glide more on your bottom lash line. Make sure to blend well to avoid harsh edges. 

3.     Thick & Full Brows

“Eyebrows on fleek” is also a year round makeup trend. In the fall, full and prominent eyebrows are even more popular. So grab an eyebrow pencil or gel to fill in the sparse areas on your eyebrows. Then use your concealer or foundation to outline your brows and make them pop.

4.     Chocolate Lips

Chocolate lipstick a sophisticated alternative to the everyday neutral lip you usually wear. To get this look, use a brown lipstick a shade one or two shades darker than your complexion. 

5.     Shimmery Eye Shadow

For this trend find an eye shadow color with a little sparkle for your lids. Great options for fall include olive green, cranberry, or golden bronze. You can add a darker crease color, eyeliner, or false lashes to make the look more dramatic.