This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

“FENTY BEAUTY WAS CREATED FOR EVERYONE: FOR WOMEN OF ALL SHADES, PERSONALITIES, ATTITUDES, CULTURES, AND RACES. I WANTED EVERYONE TO FEEL INCLUDED. THAT’S THE REAL REASON I MADE THIS LINE.” – Rihanna

Photo by Getty Images

In addition to her 12-year reign in the music industry, Rihanna has always been known for her style and breathtaking beauty standards. Over time, Rihanna has become a fashion icon and innovative trendsetter. Since her music debut in 2005, Rihanna has become an entrepreneur in her own right and notoriously branded herself with companies like MAC Cosmetics and Puma. Rihanna also ventured in perfumes and fragrances when she debuted her premiere fragrance, Reb’l Fleur, in 2011.

This past September, Rihanna launched her newest business venture, her very own cosmetic line, Fenty Beauty. Her line focuses on a wide range of traditionally hard to match skin tones and is designed to feel lightweight and buildable. Fenty Beauty is now available on Rihanna’s website, as well as in Sephora stores around the world. Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty launch line did an exceptional job of creating darker skin tones that have previously been left out of the market and a wide range of unique lighter tones for paler skin.

Fenty Beauty’s launch line contained 10 light, 10 medium, 10 tan, and 10 dark shades of foundation, which is amazing for a startup cosmetic line.

Photo by Fenty Beauty

Among the buzz of Rihanna’s new beauty products was a fan favorite entitled Trophy Wife. Trophy wife doubles as both a highlighter and eyeshadow and is praised for its pigment and illumination. Fans anxiously anticipated the beauty line and weren’t disappointed when it dropped.

I think it’s safe to say Fenty Beauty is a hit and is indeed the future of universal makeup. Rihanna continues her reign of being both an artist and entrepreneur. She is truly iconic.

Laura Cameron is currently a junior at Howard University where she majors in Journalism and minors in Photography. Ms. Cameron is originally from Atlanta, GA; however, after she graduates from Howard University, Laura plans to go into editorial writing in order to combine her love for writing and photography in the Big Apple. She has high aspirations to one day start her own publication and author a few fiction novels. Laura Cameron currently has her own blog entitled Black in the City Blog and her photography company that was started in high school called Laura C. Photography. Laura believes that will hard work and determination anything is possible.