Devon Horton ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Howard chapter.

Name 
Devon Horton

Classification
Sophomore

Major/Minor
Finance

Hometown
Cleveland, Ohio

What’s your relationship status?
Single

What do you look for in a girl?
What attracts me to a girl the most is her personality. If we can vibe on the same level and her interests and aspirations in the world line up with mine I’ll definitely be interested. I also look for a girl to have a sense of humor and be able to understand my humor as well. She also has to be an intellectual and be able to hold a conversation with me at any time about anything.  

What are your goals for the future?
In the future once I graduate in 2014 I plan on going to grad school at an Ivy League institution to receive my MBA. After that I hope to work in the Financial District for a couple of years, save my money, and start a business with some of my bros from high school. I have this plan but I’m not so stuck in this idea for my life that I won’t be willing to switch it up if my interests change. This is my plan for now but I’m truly just going with the flow and taking it all a day at a time.

What are your hobbies/passions?
I really have found a new interest in reading I recently finished Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. Du Bois and it sparked a desire to read more books on inspirational African American figureheads. I’ve always been told that if I ever learn anything or am taught some important lesson it’s my responsibility to teach others the same lessons and not just hold that knowledge to myself. I also like to travel. I plan on exploring the world at some point in my life and living in different areas. I also have a passion for music it pretty much consumes my day. If I could engineer music that would be a dream come true. I hope to learn how to do that one day and just spend my free time making beats and what not for no type of monetary gain, just because.

Any special talents?
I like to think that I can somewhat sing here and there. I’m a little better than the average shower singing dude in my eyes at least.

Describe yourself in 5 words.
Chill, Intellectual, Goofy, Different, Determined

What do you love most about Howard University?
I love the opportunities offered to succeed and move further with my career the most about Howard. I believe that the connections and networking available here is superior to a number of other schools. Everybody should take advantage of Howard and its resources.

What do you think makes you cute/ Why do you think that you were chosen to be a campus Cutie?
I’d like to think that my personality makes me the most attractive, so I would go with that for my thought on what I think makes me appealing and the reason I was chosen to be a campus cutie.

Fun fact/ Any last words?
I guess the only fun fact I really have is that I’m a twin. Last words…Although you may read this and think oh I have an idea of what he likes or what he’s really about, I’d have to say that there is a lot more to who I am and what I like than how I answered these questions. If you really want to know I’d like to think I’m approachable in a way where we can just converse and you can get a realer picture of who I am. 

Kalia Williams sophomore English major with a a minor in Journalism. She is from McAllen, TX, a budding town on the border of Texas and Mexico. She is interested in fashion, cinematography, traveling and learning languages. In addition to writing for HerCampus-Howard University, she serves as the editor of Sterling Notes, the literary magazine at Howard University. She is an avid fan of soccer and aspires to go to the World Cup 2014 in Brazil!