Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Howard Celebrities

On the Air with Jordan Bailey

By Kalia Williams
April 28, 2012 - 9:47pm

Jordan Bailey, a sophomore Audio Production major, is slowly trying to make his way in the music industry. Since moving from his hometown in West Philadelphia, PA, Bailey has sought to spread his passion for music throughout Howard and ultimately the rest of the nation. He presently writes songs and works as an on-air personality for WHBC.
How did you get involved with WHBC830am.com? An advisor suggested I try on-air radio. I then auditioned and became an on-air personality for WHBC.  What do you like to do in your free time? READ MORE

Taraji P. Henson

By Kalia Williams
April 21, 2012 - 7:34pm

Taraji P. Henson is well known for her breakthrough role in the movie Hustle&Flow. More recently, she can be seen starring in the movie based on Steve Harvey’s book, Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man. Before she made it to the big time, however, Henson was a Howard University bison. She transferred to Howard University and graduated in 1995. While in D.C, she worked two jobs: a secretary at the Pentagon and in the night as a singing and dancing waitress on a dinner cruise ship—The Spirit of Washington—to pay for Howard University. She won the Triple Threat Award and graduated with a degree in Theater Arts. READ MORE

Explaining Brotherhood

By Kalia Williams
April 14, 2012 - 10:55pm

Derrick Simmons, mathematicsmajor from Texas, is making his way on the HU campus.
A recent member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. Alpha Chapter, he believes that his newfound brotherhood is very worthwhile. Simmons sat down with Her Campus-Howard to explain the fulfilling life of a Sigma. What is the most difficult thing about being a math major?
Trying to balance extensive schoolwork with a regular life. READ MORE

Pursuing Film

By Kalia Williams
April 7, 2012 - 11:15pm

READ MORE

Carmyn Robey: A Young Entrepreneur

By Kalia Williams
March 31, 2012 - 4:32pm

Carmyn Robey, a Computer Science major with a minor in Business Administration is paving way at Howard University with her entrepreneurial skills.  This native of Houston, TX has already won the 100 black entrepreneurs business plan -pitch competition, opened up two businesses, interned at one of the biggest fortune 500 companies on Wall St., and she hasn’t even graduated yet! Taking a break from managing her business and schoolwork, Robey sits down with HerCampus-Howard to explain the life of a young entrepreneur. What do you like to do in your free time? READ MORE

Pageantry and Education with Anika Rich

By Kalia Williams
March 3, 2012 - 5:10pm

Anika Rich is a Junior Human Development Major from Greensboro, North Carolina.
She was crowned Ms. School of Education on October of last yearand like her Mr., she decided to sit down with Her Campus-Howard to give Howard collegiettes a glimpse into her life. Later on this year she will participate in the annual Mr. &Ms. Howard Pageant.

1. What inspired you to become Ms. School of Education?
The School of Education is the smallest school on campus, but it is the founding school of Howard University. I wanted to be the face of the school so that I could remind the rest of Howard University of that great legacy. 

2. What about being in the School of Education makes your experience special/unique?
...

Cameron Clarkson runs for HUSA President

By Anika Rich
February 12, 2012 - 6:49pm

Cameron Clarkson is a sophomore political science major, writer, and activist from Saint Paul, Minnesota. After just a short time at Howard, he felt compelled to make a difference. Appealing to the average student, Cameron and his running mate Rachel Sanni are working to create sincere change at the university at all levels. Here is a personal look at Cameron away from the campaign trail.

What made you decide to come to Howard? READ MORE

Success at Howard with Kamaron Leach

By Kayla Vales
February 4, 2012 - 5:42pm

Kamaron Leach, sophomore Broadcast Journalism major from Atlanta, GA, and future media mogul is leading the way for several black males looking for guidance. With a business under his belt, good grades and impressive social standing on campus, Kamaron Leach is what we call a Campus Celebrity. He does it all from hosting parties to founding organizations on campus. He is looking to set a good example and make everlasting changes on Howard’s campus. And ladies, he is also looking for a girlfriend! What organizations and/or clubs are you involved in around campus? READ MORE

Dedication to Education

By Anika Rich
January 26, 2012 - 8:57pm

Mervin J. Augustin, a junior from Ft. Lauderdale, holds an associate’s degree in Elementary Education. He transferred from Broward College to Howard University’s School of Education Five-year Elementary Education M.Ed. program this year and he currently maintains a 4.0 GPA. He was crowned Mr. School of Education on October 3, 2011 and decided to sit down with Hercampus-Howard to give his fellow bison a preview of his life.

What programs/initiatives are you working on?

READ MORE

Chatting On The Yard With Alison Quay Law

By Kalia Williams
December 3, 2011 - 7:14pm

Alison Quay Law is a graduating senior from Cleveland Heights who transferred to Howard in 2009 from Cleveland State University. Law is the Creator/Producer/Host of Howard University’s first entertainment show, HU Yard Talk. After getting tired of covering hard news stories, she decided to bring the news onto Howard’s campus, and thus, HU Yard talk was born. 1. What organizations are you involved with in school? READ MORE