Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Howard Blog

Tips for Studying for Final Exams

By Marquita Gaines
April 30, 2012 - 10:38am

The end of the semester has arrived and this can be a very stressful time. It is important to know the most effective ways to study and pass any exam with flying colors. Try these tips to help with your study sessions!

First, know when to study. There is a better chance of retaining the information when you are rested and alert.   READ MORE

Q-U-A-D Take the Number One Spot

By Jonielle Lowman
April 24, 2012 - 9:44pm

After being defeated by their main rival in the academic debate, the ladies of the Tubman Quadrangle refused to take anything other than 1st place in the remaining events. Securing first place in the Resfest 2012 Step Show and Dance Competition, the Tubman Quadrangle ladies hold the title of Resfest 2012 Champions.

READ MORE

What a Lady Looks Like

By Tierra Holmes
April 21, 2012 - 8:02pm

A Queen...not one to be used to the point That the soles of her heart peal back the seams of her sneaks Not necessarily prissy...but womanly enough to give her spouse the respect he needs Needless to say she is above average see She soars above the sky skinny dipping in the blessing of her life Bare chested, she stands a God TRUTH revealed the aspects that make her genetics be realized But breast are not what make women come to life But they do READ MORE

Probate Season

By Anika Rich
April 14, 2012 - 10:20pm

Springtime at Howard University is marked by certain events unique to HBCUs and Black Greek-Letter Organizations: Probates. READ MORE

A Perspective on Politicians

By Taryn Finley
April 7, 2012 - 10:05pm

READ MORE

Justice for Trayvon Martin—An Opinion

By Taryn Finley
March 30, 2012 - 4:07pm

Unless you have been living under a rock for the past two weeks, you know about the injustice committed against a young man from Sanford, Florida.  This 17-year-old boy, Trayvon Martin, was on his way from the store to his father’s house when George Zimmerman, 26, called 911 to report suspicious behavior from Trayvon. Though the 911 operator told Zimmerman not to follow Trayvon Zimmerman disobeyed the operator. Zimmerman shot and killed the unarmed teen shortly after he made the call. Zimmerman was not arrested because the “stand your ground” law in Florida protects him and he is currently free and in hiding.   READ MORE

We've Got You Covered: More Ways to Eliminate Stress

By Bianca Williams
March 22, 2012 - 7:45pm

When prospective students  go to college, they realize that these are the years preparing them for adulthood. It is time to be independent, smart and ready! 

But why grow up so fast? Yes it is crucial to know how to make do in the real world; however keeping in touch with our inner child is unbelievably beneficial. READ MORE

Spring Break: For the Home-Bound Collegiette

By Kalia Williams
March 3, 2012 - 5:58pm

You've seen and heard it all. What to wear on spring break, where to go on spring break, how to be safe on spring break and fun things to do during spring break! Well, wouldn't you like to know what to bring for this long-awaited and anticipated break-- especially if you are going home? Don't worry, Her Campus- Howard will help you out. 1. Winter Clothes Yes, the start of spring break means one thing, the end of winter. Yes, feel free to pack up your heavy coats, socks, hats, gloves, etc. They are no longer needed!  2. Homework READ MORE

So You Want to Study Abroad

By Kandice Rose
February 21, 2012 - 5:27pm

Hello ladies! Currently, I’m sitting in a chair in my living room in Ireland.  It’s ok, take a moment and read that statement again.  I’m in Ireland studying abroad.  Surprisingly, not many students study abroad at Howard, but that’s because they don’t know what to do.  Well, I’m here to inform you. 1.      If you are even remotely interested in studying abroad you need to start your research now.  Go to the Ralph Bunche International Center on campus (across from the counseling center and around the corner from the ILAB) and speak to Ms. Betty Aiken.  She’ll give you all the information you need.  2.      Before you speak to her though, have an idea about what you want.  Where do you want to go?  How long do you want to be there for?...

Have Contiki, Will Travel - Win the Trip of a Lifetime!

By Ameara Harb
February 14, 2012 - 10:38am

It’s safe to say that for most of us at Howard, studying abroad is part of our college plan. But even with a study abroad plan in the works (or behind you), when Spring begins to peak through the clouds, the travel itch starts, and dreaming about an epic Euro-trip or an Australian adventure becomes a daily distraction when struggling through our oh-so-boring lectures. But planning a trip abroad can be scary, time consuming, and let's not forget--super expensive. Lucky for us, Her Campus has partnered with Contiki, the #1 travel company for young people, offering over 200 guided tours and pre-planned trips in 40+ countries, exclusively for 18-35-year-olds—all for amazingly low prices!...