Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Howard Archives

Celebrating After Finals

By Marquita Gaines
April 30, 2012 - 10:48am

It's the end of the semester, finals are almost over and  it's time to celebrate. Everyone knows of the highly publicized and retweeted club parties, but if you're a part of the struggling college students who can barely afford groceries. Also, despite what the club promoters want you to believe, the expensive club prices aren't in your budget. So here are some alternatives that will allow you to celebrate and rid yourself of the end of the semester stress while still on a budget. Here are five FREE events that will get you started. READ MORE

Tips for Studying for Final Exams

By Marquita Gaines
April 30, 2012 - 10:38am

The end of the semester has arrived and this can be a very stressful time. It is important to know the most effective ways to study and pass any exam with flying colors. Try these tips to help with your study sessions!

First, know when to study. There is a better chance of retaining the information when you are rested and alert.   READ MORE

Caleb Davis '14

By Kalia Williams
April 28, 2012 - 10:05pm

Major:
Electrical Engineering Hometown:
Austin, TX What do you like to do in your free time?
I like traveling and sightseeing. I also enjoy reading poetry, texting, hanging out with friends, partying, etc. What do you look for in a significant other?
I look for passion in a significant other… that is what I love in a person. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is pizza. What is your hardest class this semester?
Differential Equations READ MORE

On the Air with Jordan Bailey

By Kalia Williams
April 28, 2012 - 9:47pm

Jordan Bailey, a sophomore Audio Production major, is slowly trying to make his way in the music industry. Since moving from his hometown in West Philadelphia, PA, Bailey has sought to spread his passion for music throughout Howard and ultimately the rest of the nation. He presently writes songs and works as an on-air personality for WHBC.
How did you get involved with WHBC830am.com? An advisor suggested I try on-air radio. I then auditioned and became an on-air personality for WHBC.  What do you like to do in your free time? READ MORE

Studious Students

By Kalia Williams
April 28, 2012 - 9:01pm

Students in the Ilab studying on a Saturday Night READ MORE

Book Signing

By Kalia Williams
April 27, 2012 - 5:20pm

When: Friday  April 27, 2012 Where: Howard University Bookstore Extra Information: About the Book: Written by a former digital and social media marketing executive for Lady Gaga, and other marquee brands and artists, Piece of the Fame is the ultimate insider�s view into successful thinking around brand building, leveraging social media and digital platforms to increase your network, influence, reputation, and revenue. About the Author: READ MORE

Q-U-A-D Take the Number One Spot

By Jonielle Lowman
April 24, 2012 - 9:44pm

After being defeated by their main rival in the academic debate, the ladies of the Tubman Quadrangle refused to take anything other than 1st place in the remaining events. Securing first place in the Resfest 2012 Step Show and Dance Competition, the Tubman Quadrangle ladies hold the title of Resfest 2012 Champions.

READ MORE

Preparing for Bison Ball

By Jordan Jackson
April 24, 2012 - 4:01pm

Every spring students come together for Howard University’s Student Association’s (HUSA) Bison Ball. At this event, the efforts of students and staff throughout the school year are commemorated and recognized. Obtaining shoes, hair, make up, and formal attire are all amongst the list of to-dos as students hastily prepare for this formal occasion.  Many students spend months in advance shopping and preparing for their attire, down to the color lipstick they plan to wear.   READ MORE

What a Lady Looks Like

By Tierra Holmes
April 21, 2012 - 8:02pm

A Queen...not one to be used to the point That the soles of her heart peal back the seams of her sneaks Not necessarily prissy...but womanly enough to give her spouse the respect he needs Needless to say she is above average see She soars above the sky skinny dipping in the blessing of her life Bare chested, she stands a God TRUTH revealed the aspects that make her genetics be realized But breast are not what make women come to life But they do READ MORE

Taraji P. Henson

By Kalia Williams
April 21, 2012 - 7:34pm

Taraji P. Henson is well known for her breakthrough role in the movie Hustle&Flow. More recently, she can be seen starring in the movie based on Steve Harvey’s book, Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man. Before she made it to the big time, however, Henson was a Howard University bison. She transferred to Howard University and graduated in 1995. While in D.C, she worked two jobs: a secretary at the Pentagon and in the night as a singing and dancing waitress on a dinner cruise ship—The Spirit of Washington—to pay for Howard University. She won the Triple Threat Award and graduated with a degree in Theater Arts. READ MORE