Why You Need to Watch the Food Network

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

If you come into my room, there’s a high chance that the Food Network is playing on my TV or that I have it pulled up on Netflix. AND YOU SHOULD TOO!!! Here’s the reasons that you neeeeeed to start watching the Food Network.

1. It all look sooooooo good!This one is almost sad, but potentially, you can recreate these wonderful masterpieces for yourself.  But, if not, it’s fun to at least look at.

2. You sorta, kinda learn how to cook.Ok, well even if you don’t, you can just pretend.  Eventually you’ll find yourself knowing exactly what the chefs are doing wrong, and what they’re doing right-then you can feel super great about yourself.

3. You can at least pretend that you know how to cook.See above.

4. You’ll become highly invested in people’s dishes. Say you’re watching Chopped, when someone forgets an ingredient you’ll want to cry with them. On Food Network Star you’ll pick your favorite early and keep cheering them on!

5. Giada De LaurentiisNuff said, she’s the best.

6. Food Network Star makes you want the best for others.Again, you become invested in their dishes and in their lives!!!!!

7. It inspires you to go get food, which is always great.Trust me, you’ll get hungry for something more than Kimball and find yourself at Via. It’s OK!!!

8. It can inspire your Kimball creativity.Eventually you’ll realize that you can do this too!!!!!!!

9. You’ve basically gone to Culinary School once you’ve watched it enough.At this point you’re a professional chef, congrats!

10. It can be funny!If you don’t know what to watch, or hate TV let me get you started. Netflix has seasons of Food Network Star (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED), Chopped, and Iron Chef. Start watching now!

If there's anything I've mastered in this life, it's a successful hair flip.