Lobby Shop for Dummies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Holy Cross chapter.

If you are a lobby shop newbie this is the guide to help you on what will become an addiction.  And you for you candy-crazed veterans…We can agree to disagree.  

1. Sour watermelons– There is nothing better than some fresh, chewy Sour Patch Watermelons to satisfy your candy crave.  It is hard to get sick of them and they are always filled to the brim so you never reach for the scooper and end in disappointment.  This number 1 pick is the perfect amount of sour and the perfect amount of sweet.

2. The Orig. Sour Patch kids– The regular sour patch kid might have well tied for first because they are the perfect choice to stock up on.  Get extra blues and reds and for a secret bonus–put them in the fridge for extra cool-flavor.  

3. Yogurt covered pretzels–  These are actually a godsend.  They are never stale (like the chocolate ones occasionally) and they are always caked with yogurt goodness.  They taste the best when cold and they are the perfect snack without feeling too guilty.

4. Non Pareils– Although we all wish the dark chocolate Non Pareils were back, these sprinkled sweets are addicting as ever.  You can’t just have one, or two or three, you need a whole damn bag.  

5. Swedish Fish– Swedish Fish is a traditional candy that will remain a consistent favorite forever.  When was the last time you heard someone say “I hate Swedish Fish”? Probably never because it is a crime to hate this classic candy.  It is a shot to the heart though when you bit into a hard, stale fish, there is nothing worse.  You gotta keep this fishies fresh.

6. Sour Gummy Worms– Sour Gummy Worms are low-key amazing.  They bring me back to kindergarten when I would trade my friends for the different colors.  The blue and pink combo is obviously the favorite but even the green and orange combo isn’t have bad.  The more sour the better.

7. Chocolate Covered Pretzels– These would be higher up on the list but unfortunately they have been very stale lately, I don’t know what is going on with this heinous act of having stale chocolate covered pretzels but they still manage to taste pretty good.

8. Rasperries *** Hidden Gem****— For some reason people always cringe at the seemingly fake looking berries but they are actually amazing.  The red ones are definitely better tasting than the black ones even though they are suppose to taste the same.  If you are looking for a gummy change up you must try!!!

9. Yogurt Covered Raisins- These are basically tied with chocolate covered raisins.  If you are part of the 1% of population that actually likes raisins enough to consider them candy–these are not half bad.  However, proceed with caution.  Too many can lead to a post-Kimball stomach ache.  

10. Chocolate covered Raisins-See above*****

11. Gummy Bears– I really do not get the fascination with Gummy bears.  They are cute and all but are tough to chew and do not really have that much flavor.  Plus, these are the biggest offenders of being stale as hell.  But if they float your boat then good for you.

12. Peanut Butter Pretzels– Not enough peanut butter too much pretzel.

13. Malt Balls– These never should have been created in the first place.  Feels like you are biting into styrofoam cups.  

14. Seasonal Candy— Nice change up but sometimes disappointing aka cinnamon hearts and nonpareil cherries taste like cough medicine in disguise.  

15. The weird flavored pretzels– This reminds me when Heintz tried to make flavored ketchup.  Just wrong.

16. Frogs/Strawberry Haribos– I don’t know what these taste like and I don’t really want to know.

17. Grapefruits– No Comment here

18. Trail mix- Reminds me of nature camp.  

19. Everything else….why is there granola here.  Tastes like hay and is a waste of space.  SMH lobby shop.

Tess MacKay

Holy Cross

If there's anything I've mastered in this life, it's a successful hair flip.