This Week On Campus…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hollins chapter.

This week the Hollns Business Department hosted a prospective Business candidate, by the name of Dr. Sarita Chaudhury.  She was a prior professor of Business at New Mexico State University, with a concentration in Marketing.  I was fortunate enough to enjoy breakfast with her Tuesday morning along with other Business majors, during which she was very personable. The ease in which she kept the flow of the conversation while also incorporating us in her discussion was very enjoyable. I also, enjoyed her excitability; it came off as this was more than a new job for her, rather a new learning experience.
Students were also invited to a presentation given by Dr. Sarita Chaudhury this Wednesday.
As for her presentation, I was very pleased with her ability to include professor/student interaction that was not only educational, but fun! It was very easy not only pick up on the topic, but also carry something away from it with the interactive portion of it. I also enjoy the fact that she brings a diverse background to the Business Department, not only in the sense that she is from India but that is she a woman. I believe the last time I was aware of a female staff member in the Economics/Business department it was Dr. Drucilla Barker. Although, this of course is not a basis for her employment it is definitely a good aspect. This is also a plus, because as she stated there can be some amazing mergers of boundaries (i.e. GWS, environmental studies, etc.) All in all, I believe she was a great candidate and I hope for her approval by the department! As for her joining the Hollins community, well I guess you’ll just have to tune in to see…

Ashlee Oliver is a junior at Hollins University; majoring in Economics with a minor in International Business. After she graduates she aspires to join a sales/marketing team with a television network or in the fashion industry. She hopes people can find some aid in the Her Campus articles and video blogs not only on your school website or even the central Her Campus site; yet explore the sites of your Her Campus counterparts from other universities. Stay Fabulicious! xoxo
Amber is a recent graduate from Hollins University. She greatly enjoyed her time as HC Hollins Editor-In-Chief and looks forward to seeing what great things new students bring to the branch.