Best Fall Trends: Leggings, Flannel and Boots, Oh My!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hollins chapter.

The most amazing thing about the fall is the diversity of clothing that you are able to wear.  So what are some of the best trends for the fall season?  As you can see by the title leggings, leggings, leggings, and more leggings; these beautiful inventions are the best thing made since denim. Coming in many styles, colors, and lengths these are the most versatile pieces of clothing to have in your closet for the falling of the leaves.  
They can be worn as day or evening wear, with heels or sneakers, a blouse or a regular t-shirt. Did I mention that they are cheap? Wal-Mart currently has leggings in black, white, brown, and dark gray for $5.88… what a steal. Of course I snagged me a couple pairs because you definitely can’t beat that price. Beware of the tights advertised as leggings; make sure you check the material of the legging before you purchase them. With Fall, it is important to not only stay fabulous, but also to remain warm; the material on some of the leggings sold can be rather thin also causing them to be see through which is no Buenos!
Another item that deserves credit are flannel button downs. They are an amazing piece that can be worn either as a shirt or a jacket… as I am wearing mine now! The good thing with flannel, as with leggings, are the unique color varieties offered. Flannel button-downs provide you with both comfort and style effortlessly.
However, with flannel becoming so popular in the market now and with the colder seasons rolling in the pricing has gone up a bit. I purchased mine at a whopping $4.00 at JC Penny, yet this was over the summer; the key to great shopping is to purchase items is to buy them in the off season.[pagebreak]
Last but definitely not least are boots. I would say they are the best thing since heels, but I would really be lying on that one.  Yet, boots are an amazing way to set yourself apart for the fall; ranging from high and low top, from black to pink, boots have a wide range of uniqueness so you can always make them your own. They are wearable with absolutely anything and everything, while still keeping you warm. Now the comfort part can be a dash tricky. As with heels, some boots require you to “break them in” (phrase used to describe wearing an item to make it comfortable and fitting for your body). 

However, you can usually tell if this process is necessary when you first try the shoe on and give it a walk around in the store.  Another thing with the boot is the cost may vary, now me being the bargain shopper I am found mine for $13.00 at Wal-Mart, SCORE! They say you get what you pay for, but this doesn’t apply to boots; mine have lasted since the summer even with me wearing them like they were going out of style.
Well woe is me, I think I just gave you an outfit here: a flannel with leggings and a pair of boots! The key to being fabulous is being yourself; always remember your style is forever, fashion fades.

Xox,
Ashlee O.
“In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel

Amber is a recent graduate from Hollins University. She greatly enjoyed her time as HC Hollins Editor-In-Chief and looks forward to seeing what great things new students bring to the branch.