Why An Infinity Scarf can Be Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

As much as we don’t want to face it, the brisk fall air will soon be replaced by bone-chilling winter weather. Lightweight knits and flannels will be traded for chunky sweaters and fur-lined boots to survive the frigid New York winters. But just because the weather will change, that doesn’t mean your wardrobe will have to suffer. While it’s important to make sure your campus style is comfortable and practical, you don’t have to sacrifice style for warmth, nor to do have to say goodbye to all of your beloved fall fashion staples.

Behold, the infinity scarf: not only is it fashionable and versatile, it can also be a lifesaver for those dreaded walks around campus when the temperature drops unbelievably low. While some magazines and fashion bloggers claim that the infinity scarf is out of season, no one can deny that these closet must-haves are perfect for adding that extra pizzazz and warmth to otherwise ordinary looking winter outfits.

Whether you prefer chunky infinity scarves to lock in body heat or lightweight knit scarves to make a fashion statement, there’s no doubt that this piece is essential to add to your closet this upcoming winter season if you haven’t already. Like the name implies, there are an infinite amount of ways to style your scarf that will not only keep your neck and chest warm but will also enhance your cold weather ensemble. Check out some popular looks celebrities turn to:

Here, Lea Michele opts for a casual black knit scarf.

Blake Lively wears a lightweight printed scarf while filming Gossip Girl.

Hilary Duff has proven her love for her infinity scarves, and she is constantly seen wearing large chunky scarves like this.

And if you don’t own an infinity scarf, you can create the illusion of one by knotting it in the back like Zoe Saldana.

You can find infinity scarves at any retail store including H&M, Target, Forever 21, and Charlotte Russe. You can even find scarves at the Hofstra Bookstore for when you’re feeling extra spirited.

If you don’t have an infinity scarf collection already in your closet, go start one as this winter must-have will quite literally be your best friend as you brave the snow and ice New York winters will inevitably bring. 

Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.