samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What’s In My Bag: Finals Week Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Finals season is upon us. Unfortunately, this means cramming, flashcards, increased coffee intake, and some mini mental breakdowns mixed in there. But no need to fear, Her Campus Hofstra is here with the essentials you *need* in your bag to help you survive finals. They’re not all super glamorous or fun items, but let’s face it, finals aren’t very glamorous or fun either. 

I’ll be using this bag that I got for free from Ulta. It holds everything I need, but isn’t too big, so its very practical to take to my finals.

Lip Balm, because the last thing you want to be worrying about during an exam is how chapped your lips are.

Headache Medication (Advil), because finals are a headache enough.

Mario Badescu Facial Mist. Trust me, this is an essential. Your face will thank you.

Gum, because bad breath is NOT cute. 

Chargers. This is pretty self-explanatory. 

Hair Ties, because sometimes your hair doesn’t want to cooperate.

Pens and Pencils, because… you need to be able to write. Duh.

Headphones, to listen to some pump-up music before your final.

Deodorant, because again, smelling bad is not cute.

Your Wallet/Keys, because getting locked out of your room during finals is simply not ideal.

A Water Bottle, because staying hydrated (especially during times of stress) is very important.

Your Laptop/iPad. Again, pretty self-explanatory.

It can be hard to find the motivation to get through finals season, but having these items will help ensure that you’ll be able to tackle any challenge that comes your way. Take a deep breath and relax. You’ve got this!

All photos courtesy of Madeline Merinuk.

Madeline is a journalism major at Hofstra University, and is a writer for HC Hofstra. If you're looking for her, you can probably find her at an Anthropologie, the beach, or eating peanut butter out of the jar.