This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

This fall, long vests are in and we are loving them! Long vests are a chic way to add a little warmth this season. They are a layering dream! The great thing about long vests is they can be worn on many occasions. From looking fab at work to running errands and shopping trips, a long vest can be dressed up or down. If bought in a neutral color, your vest can be very versatile. Something us college girls love, more bang for your buck!

Chic Minimalist

If you’re a minimalist and want a stylish outfit that can be worn for multiple types of outings, a long vest paired with your favorite pair of skinny jeans and flats is your look. The great thing about this outfit is you can easily transition it for a night out. Just throw on a pair of heels and go.

Work Ready

Long vests can be a great layering piece to add to your work attire. This outfit would be cute without a vest, but adding one amps up the style factor. Leather or dress pants instead of jeans make the whole outfit for professional.  

Super Girly

You’re not limited to just wearing your long vest with pants, they look amazing layered over dresses as well. Tis the season of sweater dresses and boots. These pieces all compliment each other and look stunning together. An outfit like this can be worn to the office or out with friends.

Casual in Denim

It’s no secret, adding a long vest as an extra element of fashion to your outfit. This outfit has so many possibilities to wear it. The ensemble is broken up with the black vest which is good if you’re not brave enough to rock the denim on denim.  

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.