Tune-In Tuesday: Warmest Songs to Survive the Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Okay, who else is sick of the winter? I know I am! I decided to make a playlist of the warmest songs to keep you surviving through the cold. Keep warm!

“Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat: This slow song sets a peaceful mood, and it definitely makes you feel bubbly! Her style is very soothing and relaxing, the perfect feeling to picture yourself lying on a beach with the sun hitting your face.

“Drift Away” by Uncle Kracker: Another slower beat with a great melody. This song is about letting go and not worrying about a thing, which is exactly how summer should be! Just “drift away” and let your mind wander.

“Hot Hot Hot” by Buster Poindexter: Every time I go to a tropical place for vacation, this is a guaranteed song to be playing. It just sounds so tropical and “hot hot hot!” It just makes you want to dance and do the salsa!

“Under the Boardwalk” by the Drifters: It’s a given, whenever you think of a boardwalk you think of the summer! Walking “down by sea” and “out on the sun,” watching the sunset. Go ahead, kick back your feet, and picture yourself under the boardwalk.

“Cruise” by Florida Georgia Line: This is the song you roll the windows down to and feel the summer breeze in your hair as you’re driving away. Put your shades on and stick your hand out the window, it’s definitely a summer-vibe.

“Summertime Sadness” by Lana Del Rey: Yes, you definitely do have some summertime sadness in you. You just want the warmth! If you’re feeling blue, go ahead and blast this, I’m sure your neighbors will hear it and feel the same way.

Hi everyone! I'm 21 years old, studying Journalism with minors in Creative Writing and Marketing. Her Campus has given me place to write what I want, and I' so glad to share these articles with you!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!