Tune-In Tuesday: Song of Summer 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

There has been talk about what the hit summer song of 2015 would be, but there hasn’t seem to be a good fit.

Shut Up And Dance by Walk to Moon came out too early, as did See You again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth, and almost every other song seems to be overplayed by every hit station. So, is there a summer song?

I’ve been listening attentively to the radio, trying to figure out a song that people will listen to a year or two from now and say “that was the summer song of 2015.” And may I say, I think I have it.

Let’s start the guessing game by saying this artist is a girl, so cross out Ne-yo, Pitbull and every other male artist. Next, she’s a rapper. No, Meghan Trainor, you can’t find your future husband here. To narrow it down even more, she has two songs out on the radio now!

Yes, it’s Nicki Minaj. And no, it’s not “Hey Mama.” As much as I enjoy jamming out in my car to that song, it is way too overplayed to be a fan-favorite. The song I’m talking about is one I don’t hear often, but when I do I want to put it on repeat. It’s called “The Night Is Still Young.”

I like it because it’s a less upbeat version of Nicki, but still giving so much enthusiasm to a good night out. You can feel that summer vibe, cruising in your car with the windows down, ready for a fun night out, or even just a drive home from the beach with the sunset in your rearview mirror.

What do you think? Agree with this summer song? Let me know what you think! 

Hi everyone! I'm 21 years old, studying Journalism with minors in Creative Writing and Marketing. Her Campus has given me place to write what I want, and I' so glad to share these articles with you!
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.