This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Nick Jonas, the once baby-faced Jo-Bro now seen as a 22-year old heartthrob, has been unleashing his solo talent by creating back-to-back hit songs. He started with “Jealous” and has now come out with “Chains.”

If you didn’t realize it yet, Nick Jonas’ songs have a similar quality (at least in his recent stuff). They’re pretty slow, but have a heavy-set beat, and are about a girl he loves. He gets “jealous” when guys look at her, and she’s practically torturing him, but he loves it.

To define Nick Jonas and his songs, it is all the sexual frustration he had when he wore his purity ring.

Of course I miss the Jonas Brothers; their songs were pretty awesome during the mid 2000s. It was also strange to hear that they broke up. Broke up? They’re brothers, how do they break up?!

But however you look at it, the three brothers (and little Frankie Jonas) have their own lives, and Nick Jonas happened to keep going with his music. Joe did produce an album (his song, “See No More,” was my jam for a while), and Kevin started his own family.

I’m super content with Nick continuing with his music; maybe he will keep having really sexy photoshoots as well. I’m definitely a fan, always have been and always will be looking forward to new stuff.

Hi everyone! I'm 21 years old, studying Journalism with minors in Creative Writing and Marketing. Her Campus has given me place to write what I want, and I' so glad to share these articles with you!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!