jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tune-In Tuesday: Meghan Trainor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Hi everyone! Welcome to the new blog series, “Tune-In Tuesdays”! Here is where you can find reviews on new songs, albums, artists or even some older music.

I thought I would start off this first post with a popular hit song of today. We all have that one song that we’re always singing in our heads. One particular song that gets stuck in mine is “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainer. Every heard of it? I’m sure you’ve heard it at least once on the radio, or on Pandora, or mostly any store you walk into. As over played as this song is, I still enjoy listening to it.

Maybe I enjoy it because of the catchy tune that makes this song seem like it belongs in the fifties (and so does the music video!). I also find Trainer’s voice to be very distinct. Her voice itself seems to give off a fifties vibe as well, and she also demonstrates a hint of attitude while singing.

I really enjoy this song for not just its catchy tune, but for the message it portrays. The moral of the song is that curves are beautiful. You do not need to be “stick thin” as you feel society says you should be. To quote one of the best lyrics from the song, “every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top.”

If you need some girl power, give in to the overplayed pop song that should make you feel happy and beautiful! 

Hi everyone! I'm 21 years old, studying Journalism with minors in Creative Writing and Marketing. Her Campus has given me place to write what I want, and I' so glad to share these articles with you!
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!