This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

The semester is finally over and summer has arrived! There are so many things to be excited about this summer, but the makeup trends are for sure the most important.  Summer makeup is my personal favorite, and I have some products that will help you achieve a glowy and bright summer look.

1. St. Tropez Self Tanning Products

For this tip, I couldn’t pick just one product from the brand St. Tropez.  They have so many amazing self-tanning products that work beautifully, so I thought I’d list a few.  Some products that will give you this tan summer glow include, Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse, In Shower Gradual Tan and Gradual Tan Everyday Tinted Body Lotion.

2. Becca Luminous Body Perfecting Mousse

Apply this mousse before you head out the door and you will have glowy, beautiful skin all day long!  This mousse gives your skin such a radiant sheen and is perfect for summer. I love putting this on my shoulders or collarbones in the summer, especially when I wear sleeveless tops or a bathing suit to the beach.

3. Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint

This foundation is amazing! It leaves your skin looking flawless and radiant, what more could you ask for? If you don’t have this foundation, you need it for this summer!

4. Milk Makeup’s Sunshine Skin Tint

This foundation is a little sheerer and provides low to medium coverage however, it is buildable!  I love this foundation because it gives your skin a really natural and dewy look which is perfect for summer! Since it is less coverage, you can also use this foundation for a natural, everyday look.

5. Tarte Maracuja Oil & Marc Jacobs Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter

Rather than buying a new foundation this summer, you can add both of these products to your favorite primer or foundation to leave your skin looking radiant! However, the Maracuja Oil will leave your skin looking more natural and dewy while the Marc Jacobs Dew Drops will leave behind a more glowy, radiant finish! Both look amazing, it is just up to you to decide which you prefer on your skin type.

6. Sephora Collection Perfection Mist

I know a spray highlighter can be intimidating, but do not be afraid! First of all, the mist of the spray is amazing so it won’t be spraying in places you don’t want to be highlighted.  The finish of this highlighter is also beautiful, I honestly could not believe how incredible it looks on the skin. It looks natural and dewy but also gives you that blinding highlight all at the same time. Trust me, you need this product.

7. Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist

This mist is literally a spray on moisturizer, but it’s also a facial mist which honestly blows my mind.  You can spray this onto your skin before you apply your makeup to moisturize your skin and give your makeup a nice dewy base or set your makeup with it to keep it in place and leave behind a radiant, natural sheen.  Either way, your skin will be looking flawless and glowy while feeling soft and moisturized.

All of these products will leave your skin glowing and are perfect to use for your summer makeup looks! Don’t be afraid to test them out, I think you’ll be surprised with how much you’ll end up loving them.  Go get your glow on collegiates!