Thaddeus Heitmann 15′

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is single and ready to mingle! If you’re looking for a cute boy who is as charming as he is ambitious, then Thaddeus Heitmann is the man for you. This California boy is a senior Computer Science major, rugby player, and can also be spotted singing with the Hofstra Dutchmen.

WHAT ARE YOU INVOLVED IN ON CAMPUS?

“I’m involved in my major, and my minor is cognitive science. I sing with the Dutchman, which is an a-cappella group on campus, and I am a part of Hofstra’s Men’s Rugby, which is a sports club.

HOW DID YOU BECOME INVOLVED IN RUGBY AND THE DUTCHMEN?

“Well, I always wanted to join the Dutchmen because I like singing and I wanted to join a singing group that was more about fun than about being talented. We have gotten a lot better. I joined it for the fun. And then my roommate, good friend, and I had discussed joining [rugby] freshman year, and then one of us actually did join it, so my roommate and I were like, ‘we have to join it now.’ It is really fun.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT PLAYING RUGBY?

“Probably successfully tackling someone. Hitting someone really hard is really satisfying.

HOW DO YOU GET PUMPED UP FOR A RUGBY GAME?

“I just roll out of bed, sometimes hung over, and then go to the fields. We get there usually three hours before the game, so I just eat a good breakfast and imagine hitting people and kind of get angry.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT SINGING WITH THE DUTCHMEN?

“I just really enjoy singing; I think that it’s really fun. Traveling to other schools, singing, and then having a-cappella parties is pretty fun too.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT BEING A HOFSTRA STUDENT?

“The people. I love the people at Hofstra. Not that I don’t like the school part, but if I were to say a reason that I wouldn’t choose another school at this point, it would definitely be because of the people that I have met and the connections that I have made.”

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN TEN YEARS?

“Ten years, when I am 31. I probably see myself recently married, and hopefully with some kind of legitimate career probably living in New York. And I am going to be really, really awesome and cool.”

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!