This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Major: International Business

Hometown: Warwick, New York

What are you involved in at Hofstra?

I’m a resident assistant in the Netherlands for first year students and I’ve been on the club soccer team for three years.

What do you enjoy about being an RA?

I like to help first years to find a community and a home at their school. Also, it is great for improving leadership skills, which is something that will be important for the rest of my life in jobs and everything else!

How has your experience on the club soccer team been?

My experience has been wonderful because I’ve made some lifelong friends and I was able to be a secretary my first year and vice president my junior year. Also, I’ve been playing soccer since I was four years old so it was great that I could incorporate it into my college experience!

What is your favorite part about going to Hofstra?

My favorite part is all of the opportunities that it offers you and its location because you are able to go to the city, the beach, and the countryside all in one day!

You are a senior right now. What are your plans for after graduation?

I have currently been accepted into Hofstra’s master of science in marketing progam and I have several interviews for future job opportunities coming up in the near future. I haven’t decided 100 percent what I’m going to do but at least I have some options.

What else do you do in your spare time?

I love to craft and paint and my friends are a huge part of my life, as well as my boyfriend. I also enjoy my part-time job of nannying for a family near Hofstra. Also, I have an adorable five-month-old nephew and I love hanging out with him and the rest of my family!

Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!