This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Achta Kabadi

Major: Community Health

Minor: Political Science

What she’s wearing:

Shirt: H&M

Blazer: Bloomingdales

Leggings: Victoria Secret

Shoes: Aldo

How would you describe your style?

I like to dress up a lot. If I want to be comfy I will wear sweats, but other than that I prefer to be dressed up all the time. I’ve always loved dresses even when I was little.

Where are your favorite places to shop?

I shop at Zara, H&M, Forever 21, and Bloomingdales. Those are my main stores.

Has your style ever changed dramatically at a point in your life?

Yes, my style had dramatically changed going from sophomore to junior year in high school. I usually wore t-shirt and jeans and then I suddenly started dressing up and wearing dresses again.

Why do you think that happened?

I think it’s because through middle school to the beginning of high school I had gained a lot of weight and I would just cover myself all the time. Then I lost the weight during junior year and I started dressing up again.

Do you have any tips for those who feel self-conscious about what they wear because of their body type?

Honestly, what I have learned from that is to not go for the baggy t-shirt and jeans. I don’t want to criticize anybody’s style but in my point of view it just covers you and makes you look bigger. So just dress for your body type and don’t wear things that are too tight or too big.  Find something that flatters you.

MN native navigating NY one selfie at a time. Senior Journalism student at Hofstra University and current HC Chapter Advisor.
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!