etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Snapshot: Shannon Shimrock ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Shannon Shimrock

Year: 2016

Major: Speech Language Hearing Sciences 

Jessica: What did you go to Myrtle Beach for over Spring Break?

Shannon: We went for my friend, Michelle’s bachelorette party.

JH: Was this your first bachelorette party?

SS: This was my first bachelorette party! It was very fun but very crazy too. I’m just glad the bride Michelle had a good time.

JH: What did you do while there?

SS: We went to the pool and the beach alot!. We also went to Broadway at the Beach which had a bunch of activities to do like ziplining and shopping. And we ate some great food!

JH: Did you visit any well known attractions?

SS: We went to the Sky Wheel which was totally awesome! I’m so glad I got to experience that.

JH: What was the most fun thing you did?

SS: The most fun thing was just relaxing on the beach with all the girls. It was great to get away and we really had a great time!

Jessica is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief of Hofstra University's Her Campus Chapter. Jessica, from New Jersey, is a journalism major and psychology minor at Hofstra University. As a dedicated member of her college's Her Campus chapter since her freshman year, she has held the role of staff writer, Snapshot editor, Secretary and now CC. Outside of Her Campus, Jessica's publications include JeannineMorris.com, TheCelebrityCafe.com, FashionWeek.com, The Hofstra Chronicle and the Long Island Report, where she is also a student editor. In her spare time Jessica enjoys being outdoors, camping and hiking, snowboarding in the winter, hitting the Jersey Shore beaches in the summer, working out and spending time with her friends, family, and pets. Check out her fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog at http://Jessie-Leigh.com.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.