Six Ways to Feel Like a Badass Woman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

When it comes to balancing school work, family and a social life in college, it can be hard to keep up with everything else, especially when it comes to making time for yourself. Getting caught up in all of your responsibilities may leave you feeling tired, unmotivated and simply not happy. When you need a boost, here are six ways to instantly make yourself feel like a badass woman, which will in turn, give you that extra kick to tackle everything like the determined and fierce collegiette you are!

Treat yourself

Buy yourself a new pair of shoes or the newest Sephora beauty product you’ve been eyeing. You deserve it and you’ll feel so much better when you’re rocking a brand new shade of highlighter (to enhance your natural glow, of course).

Put on some lipstick

While it may not be scientifically proven, there’s no doubt that swiping some crimson lipstick across your lips will kick you into full badass mode. Your confidence levels will skyrocket and you’ll be ready to tackle anything that comes your way.  

Pick out your outfit ahead of time

When you hit the snooze button one too-many times, you’ll be left scrambling for an outfit before you rush out the door. Instead of throwing on an old t-shirt and leggings (though we all do need our dress-down days every once in a while), pick out your clothes the night before so you know you’ll look fabulous and you’ll get that extra beauty sleep you crave.

Get enough sleep

While keeping on that same topic, make sure you get enough sleep at night. We all fall victim to the occasional all-nighter, but getting in an extra hour or two of rest will leave you feeling refreshed, confident and ready to take on your day.

Aim high with your goals

When it comes to setting and achieving goals, every collegiette is different in how she goes about getting what she wants. However, one thing everyone has in common is the undeniable feeling of satisfaction when they reach a goal. Whether it be something simple, like completing your daily to-do list, or something major, like landing your dream internship, setting high goals for yourself is the best way to ensure that you are left with a feeling of pride and satisfaction.

Love Yourself

Before you can prove to the world that you’re a badass woman, you have to believe it yourself first! Once you appreciate and love yourself, others will too. And when you have people rooting for you, there’s no way not to feel like a badass woman.  

Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.