This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

MAJOR: JOURNALISM

WHAT ARE YOU INVOLVED IN AT HOFSTRA?

“I write for Her Campus Hofstra! I am currently the Campus Snapshot Editor. This is my second year doing it and I love it! I find people around campus with a unique or cute style and feature them on the website. I really like fashion so it’s a way I can combine it with my interest in journalism. In the spring, I plan on rushing for a sorority! 

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF ARTICLE TO WRITE?

“It’s always fun to write about fashion and beauty. I once wrote an article about Disney princess inspired halloween coustumes and I had a blast pairing up diffent clothing for the looks!

HOW DID YOU GET A JOB WITH OAKLEY?

“Last year I heard about a company that paired college students with brands looking for brand representatives. This year I was looking for a job where I could gain business experience and I decided to check that compnay out and see if I wanted to apply. I saw they were looking for Oakley reps and after I applied I did a couple interviews. I was really excited when I found out I recieved the position. It’s a really awesome job and I’m learning a lot of useful skills. 

WHAT DO YOU DO WORKING FOR OAKLEY?

“Currently, I am an Oakley Retail Intelligence Agent. I check into stores within my region that are Oakley retailers and make sure everything is going okay. I report on stock situations, display needs and speak with intersted customers. I also maintain communication with the store managers and associates. I make sure to let them know of anything new or teach them about the different sunglass features. Everything I record goes back to corporate in California so they can use it for their needs.

WHAT IS THE WEIRDEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU WHILE ON THE JOB?

“I get assigned to stores where once I arrive I find out that they don’t sell Oakley’s. It’s not that weird but the store associates always look really confused when I happily greet them asking to see the Oakley display case.”

WHAT INTERSHIPS DO YOU HOPE TO GET IN THE FUTURE?

“I have so many different interests in the communication field so I would love to jump around experiencing different aspects of the field. It would be awesome to get an internship with either a fashion magazine or a news station. I think my dream internship would be working with Good Morning America or ESPN.”

WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB?

“I have to say that it changes everyday. I think my current dreams are to be either a sideline reporter for football or a red carpet analysts like Guilianna Rancic. Yeah I know those two are kind of contradicting! But I really like sports and I really like fashion and pop culture.”

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!