This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

SARAH LINDER 

MAJOR: POLITICAL SCIENCE AND DRAMA

WHAT MADE YOU DECIDE TO COME TO HOFSTRA?

“Everyone seemed really friendly and I like the proximity to New York City.  I also really like cats, so that was a big selling point.”

WHAT CAMPUS ACTIVITIES ARE YOU INVOLVED IN?

“I am on the Crew Team, and I am in Chai Notes, the Hillel acapella group, and Tequila Mockingbird. I am also an RA.”

WHICH ACTIVITY IS THE MOST ENTERTAINING?

“That’s a really hard question. In terms of things that you wouldn’t expect to be entertaining, I would have to say being an RA because I didn’t expect entertainment out of the job, but I got some. Weird stuff happens that I am not allowed to talk about.”

HOW DID YOU DECIDE TO JOIN TEQUILA MOCKINGBIRD?

“I love improvising and I was an actor, and I tried that out for a year and decided I want to keep going with it, so I did.”

WHAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED WITH TEQUILA MOCKINGBIRD?

“Honestly, everything they do is funny—absolutely everything.”

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG TO SING WITH CHAI NOTES?

“We are starting to sing Viva La Vida because we just got guys in our group, and we don’t have too many guy arrangements, but that, at the moment, is my favorite thing to sing.”

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR AFTER GRADUATION?

“I want to scour the city hopelessly for a job. But I would like to work in entertainment in any capacity or I will go to law school and then be an entertainment lawyer.”

Hey Her Campus! I am Peighton Crawford and I am currently a student at Hofstra University! I am originally from Aurora, Colorado, and I am super excited about living in New York. I am interested in anything from fashion to sports. Twitter: @_peighton_ Instagram: peightoncrawford Blog: peightoncrawford.wordpress.com
Rachel is a senior at Hofstra University where she majors in journalism with minors in fine arts photography and creative writing. The Rochester, NY native is involved in several organizations on campus including the Hofstra chapters of Ed2010 and She's the First. She is also an RA in a freshman residence hall. Rachel has interned at College Lifestyles, Cosmopolitan, The Knot Magazine, and is now interning at Us Weekly. She hopes to someday fulfill her dreams of being an editor at a magazine. Until then, she is a dreamer, a wanderlust and a lover of haikus. Follow her on Twitter for silly and sarcastic tidbits @rcrocetti!