Profile: Rachel Gurevich ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Rachel Gurevich

Year: Senior

Hometown: Silver Spring, MD

Major/Minors: Psychology major with minors in English and Philosophy

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m the President of the Rock Climbing Club and Film Chair for Entertainment Unlimited.

How do you cope with stress?

Climbing is a big one for me. Whether I’m climbing trees or mountains, it has this way of forcing me to be present in the moment and to forget about the rest. Also dark chocolate.

Favorite inspirational quote:

“Forests may be gorgeous but there’s nothing more alive than a tree that learns how to grow in a cemetery.” –Andrea Gibson

Favorite Disney Channel Original Movie?

Tough call, but I think I’d have to go with Smart House. Although Motorcrossed will always hold a special place in my heart.

3 Fun Facts About Yourself:

I’ve been known to sleep-laugh (some find it creepy, others find it amusing), I once rock climbed next to Michael Cera, and I once let a street performer bullwhip a plastic cup off of my head.

How would you describe your personal style?

Cozy

What advice would you give to an incoming freshman?

Be selfish. This is probably one of the only times you can–and should–get away with it! Do things that you want to do, choose the classes you want to take and spend time with people you like. Make some mistakes and learn from them. Explore Long Island and the city. Eat all the food New York has to offer—it’s delicious. And take advantage of all the free things Hofstra has to offer (especially the ones sponsored by EU).

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

This might be the single most difficult question for me to answer right now, since I barely know what I’m doing after graduation (eek!) but at the very least I see myself happy. Maybe I’ll be doing something related to Psychology, or maybe I’ll be tending to my dairy farm in Italy. We’ll just have to wait and see :D

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.