Profile: Francesca Alexis Pavlovici ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Meet Francesca! She is a sophomore studying chemistry and sustainability studies. She’s also involved in Hofstra’s Ballroom Dance Club.

Name: Francesca Alexis Pavlovici

Year: 2018

Hometown: Flushing, Queens

Major/Minors: Dual Major in Chemistry and Sustainability Studies

What are you involved in on campus? I am the Public Relations officer and the Event Manager of Hofstra Ballroom Dance. I’m also involved in environmental chemistry research project at Hofstra.

Most unique hobby? I collect original Dr. Seuss books. After I saw how great the books were when I taught my sister to read, I fell in love with Dr. Seuss’s charm. I hope to have a complete collection of all the books he’s written by the time I have my own children.

Favorite inspirational quote. “Be the person you needed when you were younger.” My ultimate dream in life is to inspire those around me. I think that this world is fascinating and everyone has so much potential. My high school teachers gave me the inspiration that I needed so that I can find myself. My philosophy teacher taught me to be inquisitive while my chemistry teacher showed me how to view the world through new lenses. I needed them when I was younger, and I want to be able to give back to the future generations.

How do you cope with stress?

I love to run when I need to cope with stress. There’s something liberating about it. In many ways, it’s like I’m running away from the messes in my life, but in many ways it isn’t. We don’t get the chance to press pause when life gets hectic, but this is a close second. When I go jogging, I get the chance to feel in control again, and clear my mind.

If they made a film of your life, who would you want to play you?

If they made a film about my life, I would want Kiera Knightly to play me.

Who inspires you the most?

My mother, Calina, inspires me the most. I’ve never met a woman who is as gracious and as fierce as she is. She always knows how to solve problems, tackle on life, and yet enjoy every second. I hope to be at least 1/10th of the woman she is.

Best class you’ve taken at Hofstra?

Native American Literature with Professor Iska Alter was the best class I took at Hofstra. The professor was brilliant and witty. The literature was so intriguing and fun to read. I fell in love with the Native American cultures and I aspire to learn more about them. I recommend this class to everyone.

Favorite on-campus food?

Basically anything at Au Bon Pain, but right now I love to eat the cheddar broccoli soup with an everything bread stick

I'm a senior Theatre Arts Production major at Hofstra University. I'm almost always at rehearsal, reading plays, seeing plays, blogging about plays, or fangirling over plays. My likes include giraffes, Britney Spears, American history and coffee.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.