The No-Makeup Makeup Look For Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

We all know finals week is the most stressful time of the year. After pulling endless all-nighters, drinking your body weight in caffeine, and studying for hours and hours on end, we start to look a little bit like death. Some people are okay with strolling into class to take their finals barefaced but I, on the other hand, am not. I breakout when I’m stressed and the bags under my eyes are way too dark to be designer. I’ve got a no-makeup makeup look to help you look put together, but not full-glam during finals week. Trust me, this takes less than 10 minutes to perfect. If you want to shop the products, just click on the pictures!

Moisturizer is Key

No. 7 Early Defense Day Cream, $20.99

I’m no doctor, but finals week is stressful and wrinkles love nothing more than stress. In order to prevent premature aging in your college years, slap on moisturizer before your primer. After taking off your makeup at the end of the day and washing your face, make sure to put some more on before sleeping. Pro-tip: ALWAYS make sure there’s SPF in your moisturizer, especially during the summer months.

Prep & Prime Time

Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer, $32

In order for your makeup to last throughout all the sweat and tears, you’ll definitely need a good primer. I have tried so many primers over the years and I finally splurged on this Too Faced product. It’s silicone-free, so you don’t have to worry about it clogging your pores and it smells divine because it has coconut water in it.

Foundation Sensation

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, $45

Although this is a tinted moisturizer, the coverage is amazing! The price is a little steep, but it has a ton of skincare benefits. After extended use, it will help reduce redness and dark spots. After a long and stressful finals week, your skin will look beautiful both with and without this foundation!

Conceal, Don’t Feel

Tarte Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer, $25

Don’t let finals week get ya down. There’s no time to have emotions, it’s all about covering those pimples and dark circles. Luckily, Barack Obama gifted us with the best concealer in the world before he left office in January. I’m telling you: nothing can beat this concealer.

Bring Life Back to Your Face

L’Oreal Visible Lift Blush, $11.49 (Color: Nude Lift 705)

After concealing and perfecting your finals week makeup, if you’re super ambitious, why not go all the way? Bring some color back to face with a blush and bronzer. No need to pile it on, just a quick swipe is all you need. I’m obsessed with cream blush and it is so natural looking. If you want to look a little sunkissed, take a big, fluffy brush and put this bronzer on your temples. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, take a crease brush and blend the bronzer or the blush into your socket for extra dimension.

Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer, $14.99

Set it, Don’t Forget It

L’Oreal Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray, $16.99

In the case of a mental breakdown, this setting spray will make sure your makeup stays put. I swear by this stuff and spray it all over my face two to three times. Make sure you put your mascara on after because you don’t want to look like a raccoon.

Lashtastic!

L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara, $7.99

No makeup look is complete without the power of mascara. Whether you want to pile it on or just coat your lashes once, this mascara is cult favorite for a reason. I’m pretty sure this is my third tube of this miracle-working mascara.

Good luck on your finals! You’re going to look amazing.

Abby is a senior journalism major and writing studies minor at Hofstra University. At Her Campus Hofstra, she previously held the positions of Vice President and Social Media Director before becoming co-Campus Correspondent. Abby was a social media intern at BeautyRx, a skin care company based in Manhattan, and an editorial intern at Skincare.com, which is owned and operated by L'Oréal Paris.