The Most Dramatic Season Yet of The Bachelor: Season 22 Episode 7

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

I call this episode: Tears in Tuscany 

In the last week before hometowns, the girls and Arie traveled to beautiful Tuscany where we were treated to three one-on-ones and one group date— without a rose ceremony. The first one-on-one went to Becca K. after waiting since the very first date for her chance. Arie and Becca walked around the city of Barga and it was very casual and cute. I really like Becca and maybe I’m biased because she is from my home city of Minneapolis, and all of us Midwest girls are a great catch. She is very down to earth, and honestly she would be a great pick for any guy and she is too good for Arie but hey, whatever she needs to be happy! It is cute she is so excited to bring Arie to Minneapolis! She opened up and told Arie that she is falling for him.

Gif courtesy of Giphy

As Arie gave her the rose, he said he is falling for her and he can’t wait to meet her family and I am so excited for The Bachelor to head to Minneapolis! In the meantime, Jacqueline is literally a mess because she basically got in her head about it all, and realized she was not ready to marry Arie. So she decided the best thing to do is to go crying to Arie’s door and tell him he shouldn’t take her to hometowns because she isn’t *there* yet. 

In other news, Lauren B. got another one-on-one date literally one week after the incredibly awkward one-on-one in Paris. Remember this?

A post shared by Bachelor.holic (@bachelorzone) on

They biked around Tuscany and, once again, Lauren B. doesn’t really contribute much to the conversation beyond admitting she’s only been single for a year. Arie seems really invested in Lauren and she seems really invested in being a Sugar Bear Hair influencer. She did open up and said she is falling in love with Arie, but instead of responding he got up from the table and took a walk. 

Gif courtesy of Giphy

Honestly, same. Well, at least Arie came back. While I would’ve gone full crazy girl on him, she just let him chill and forgave him because he said he is falling deeply in love with her and gave her the rose. 

Is this why he’s so into Lauren?!

Seinne got the final one-on-one in Tuscany and, by the end of their date, I felt like they didn’t even need to go to hometowns. First, they went with some old guy truffle hunting. Well, turns out this guy, Guilo, has a family and took Seinne and Arie back to his family for dinner. Guilo’s family asked all the hard questions and it really felt like hometowns, but with a language barrier. Seinne tensed up at some of the marriage questions and when she didn’t confess her love for Arie, he sent her home without a rose. She was too smart for him and this show anyway #NotMad. Since Krystal left and there was nobody else to cause drama, the producers called on Tia. So, Tia started stirring the pot with Baby Bekah as they headed into a group date with Kendall. Tia brought up to Arie the issues of Baby Bekah being a baby and not being serious and while it was petty, it was what we were all thinking.

Fun fact: Tia is 3 years older than Bekah.

Baby Bekah became fixated on the two roses and it was just an omen that things wouldn’t go well. She broke down into tears as Tia confronted her about not being ready and Baby Bekah emphasized her displeasure at the idea of going home. Like girl, we know you don’t want to go home because then it means you have to tell your mom why you disappeared and she will have to withdraw the missing persons report. Anyway, a tearful Baby Bekah went to Arie and they had some conversation (I think). When it came to rose time, Arie gave Kendall a rose for professing her feelings and then sent her back to the house for the night so he could take Tia and Baby Bekah to dinner and, honestly, I didn’t know this is how romance was supposed to be. At dinner, Bekah asked him to “have a little faith in [her] 22 year old self,” but Arie “Silver Fox” Luyendyk Jr. couldn’t and Tia is just a snake with a rose. It was very apparent as the episode ended that Arie loved Baby Bekah, but realized their lives just weren’t matching up between her age, his age, and her being a missing person. 

Next week is hometowns, so we are in for it as we visit the hometowns of Becca K., Lauren B., Tia, and Kendall. 

Season 22 Episode 7 Highlights

Date Roses: Becca K., Lauren B., Tia, and Kendall

Front Runner:

Eliminated: Seinne, Jacqueline, Bekah M. 

People Arie said he is falling for: Becca K., Lauren B.

Memorable Moments from Season 22

First kiss: Brittany T.

First French kiss: Chelsea

First steal: Makel from Chelsea

First Impression Rose: Chelsea 

First one-on-one date: Becca K. 

First girl sent home on one-on-one: Lauren S.

First trip: Lake Tahoe

Villain: Krystal 

Hometown Visits: Becca K., Kendall, Lauren B., and Tia 

Season 22 Episode 8 airs February 19 at 8pm ET/7pm CT on ABC. 

Gifs courtesy of Giphy

Just a Midwest girl exploring the big city.