This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

NAME: Mani Walcott

AGE: 19

CLASS STANDING: Sophomore

MAJOR: Environmental Engineering

HOMETOWN: Beltsville, Maryland

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

INVOLVEMENT AT HOFSTRA: Just the soccer thing really!

HOBBIES: Besides soccer no, I don’t think so *jokingly*

FUN FACT: Well I’m vegetarian; I guess that’s a fun fact. I have been my whole life!

FAVORITE FOOD: There’s so many! Well, my family makes roti and curry and I miss it.

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: Arsenal FC

PET PEEVES: Interviews…haha no, I don’t have any really.

CELEB CRUSH: Rihanna, completely.

WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GIRL: Just confidence, that’s kind of it!

WORST DATE: I’ve been on some bad dates… Well there was one where we went out to eat and it turned out that I had completely forgotten my wallet at home! I was so embarrassed because she had pay. She was kind of cool about it though. If I was in her position I wouldn’t have been so cool!

IDEAL DATE: We’d go watch an Arsenal game and then that’s it… You’ve got me if you can watch an Arsenal game.

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS: Hopefully I’m playing soccer professionally! If not I’ll be looking for a job at an engineering firm.

ROLE MODEL: Bob Marley because of his lifestyle and mindset.

ONE PLACE YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO: England because all my teammates are from there and I want to know if they’re talking sh*t or if it’s really cool.

Make sure to check out Mani and cheer on the team at the soccer games coming up!

Currently a Sophomore at Hofstra University working towards a BA in Journalism, with a minor in Sociology. In the past Clare has worked for the non-profit Plan USA to help run youth advocacy programs and has worked to promote youth governance and youth empowerment in social activism. After graduation, Clare hopes to work for Buzzfeed (fingers crossed) or another online news source. She is looking for her big break in life with the least amount of mistakes on the journey there.