Man Crush Monday: Lucas Nocera

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Lucas Nocera

Major: Psychology/Pre-Med, Neuroscience minor

Year: Senior

Hometown: Little Compton, Rhode Island

Campus Involvement: Democrats of Hofstra University, Teaching Assistant in the Anthropology department

If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?

I’d probably make “Committing to the bit” an Olympic event. I’d get the gold medal or get seriously hurt trying.

What’s your favorite joke?

A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers up to the barman and says, “Five beers please.”

Why did you choose your major?

I think mental health care is extremely important, especially for adolescents, and the negative stigma associated with mental disorders is just ridiculous. Additionally, my first girlfriend actually dropped off the grid for a while and ended up calling me from a mental hospital one night, so I guess you could say that’s my origin story.

What TV character is most like you?

Nick Miller from New Girl

If you could create a holiday, what would it be?

Well, there’s already a holiday for eating and one for drinking, so I’d probably make one for sleeping.

What is on the top of your bucket list?

Small scale: Go to a Front Bottoms concert.

Large scale: Move back to Argentina for a while to get in touch with where I was born.

What are you most likely to become famous for?

I think it would be for accidentally discovering something really important. Maybe stumbling upon an ancient civilization or uncovering a conspiracy theory by walking into the wrong room.

What is your dream pet?

My dream pet is a cockatiel; I just really love how they have such big personalities crammed into such tiny bodies.

Who do you consider your celebrity doppelgänger?

I’ve been told I look like Marcus Mumford from Mumford & Sons. I’ve also been mistaken for Q from Impractical Jokers a number of times while walking around Manhattan.

If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?

I’d definitely change it to Nick. My two best friends back home are named Nick, so I think adding a third would really shake things up.

All photos courtesy of Lucas Nocera

Abby is a senior journalism major and writing studies minor at Hofstra University. At Her Campus Hofstra, she previously held the positions of Vice President and Social Media Director before becoming co-Campus Correspondent. Abby was a social media intern at BeautyRx, a skin care company based in Manhattan, and an editorial intern at Skincare.com, which is owned and operated by L'Oréal Paris.
Sarah Hanlon is a senior at Hofstra University where she is pursuing a major in journalism. She almost always has an iced coffee in her hand, and she's an avid lover of online shopping, reality TV, and New York City. When she’s not researching all things Kate Middleton or reading lifestyle blogs, you can find her binge watching The Bachelor or writing about the latest pop culture, fashion and beauty trends. After college, she hopes to make a career out of her love for TV and style in New York. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram: sarahhanlon_.