Man Crush Monday: Brian Sommer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Brian Sommer

Major: Public Relations

Hometown: Eastampton, New Jersey

Where is your favorite place on campus? 

My favorite place on campus is Café on the Quad. I love the vibe in there and it’s a great place to meet with friends or hang out and do some work in between classes. I also have a coffee addiction that has clearly become a problem.

If you could travel anywhere where would you go?

My Grandmom is from Germany, so I’d like to be able to visit her hometown of Aschaffenburg to see the city she grew up in. I’d also, really like to go to Japan some day.

What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween is definitely my favorite holiday. I love going out with my friends to haunted houses and the best scary movies always come out around Halloween.

What TV show most closely describes your life?

I would definitely say that Friends describes my life pretty well. At first, every character seems like they have their lives pretty well put together, but they’re actually still trying to figure their lives out.

What is your dream pet?

I’ve always wanted to own a Husky. They’re pretty much the closest you can get to owning a wolf.

If you could pick 3 artists for a concert who would they be?

A show with the Imagine Dragons, Lorde, and Bruce Springsteen would be absolutely amazing.

What is your dream job?

I’ve always wanted to work in the music industry. Practicing public relations at a record label would be a dream come true.

How would you describe yourself in five words?

Determined, compassionate, motivated, inquisitive, and understanding.

What is one quote you live by?

“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.” – John Lennon

What song would describe your week?

Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen.

Rylee Johnston is senior at Hofstra University studying  journalism. She has a passion for traveling and entertainment, and even spent four months abroad in London. When she isn't blogging about her travels, you can find her watching The Bachelor or planning her next adventure. Follow her on Instagram @ryleejuanita.