Man Crush Monday: Haruka Gerald

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Name: Haruka Gerald

Major: Film Studies and Production

Hometown: Austin, Texas

What is your favorite holiday? 

My favorite holiday has to be – I guess New Years. We always have this tradition of going to my best friend’s house every year and we always have a good time there.

What is your favorite season?

Winter, which is really weird because they don’t have winter where I’m from.

What is on the top of your bucket list?

I think one of the top things on my bucket list would be that I just really want to go and do cool things. I want to do a documentary series on different places in the world.

What TV character is most like you?

Jimmy Goodman from Better Call Saul. I feel like Jimmy is someone who really wants to be the best person he can be, and [would] do anything he can to get where he wants to be, but also help out the people that he cares about.

What is your dream pet?

Pikachu from Pokemon. Pikachu is the ultimate companion and when I was little I had a stuffed Pikachu, and I used to take him around everywhere with me and come up with adventures to go on.

If you could pick three artists for a concert who would they be?

Kanye West and that’s only because I went to go see him last year, but he had to cancel it because Kim got held up in Paris. The second one would be Jimi Hendrix, and the third I would say Outcast because I saw them and they were amazing.

What is your dream job?

I want to do anything that involves me helping people.

How would you describe yourself in one word?

Positive :)

What is a quote you live by?

“People protect what they love.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau

If you could get coffee with anyone who would it be? 

Barack Obama, I think he’s just a really cool individual and all the work that he is doing now with his foundation is pretty cool.

Rylee Johnston is senior at Hofstra University studying  journalism. She has a passion for traveling and entertainment, and even spent four months abroad in London. When she isn't blogging about her travels, you can find her watching The Bachelor or planning her next adventure. Follow her on Instagram @ryleejuanita.