This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Although Tori Kelly has a reputation for her heartbreak songs she also knows a thing or two about love. Streaming some of her songs this Valentine’s Day can give you a more intimate sense of the word or just get you excited for what is to come. Single or in a relationship these songs should be on your playlist for the coming week, all I ask is that you open your ears as well as your heart!

1. Dear No One

Had to give a shout out to the song that made me fall in love with Tori! As I mentioned, you don’t have to be in a relationship this Valentine’s Day to get excited about love. This song is a love song to your future guy whenever he may appear into your life.

“So if you’re out there I swear to be good to you

But I’m done lookin’, for my future someone

Cause when the time is right

You’ll be here, but for now

Dear no one, this is your love song

Ooo-OhOh”

2. I Was Made For Loving You

This is for all the happy couples out there right now that are in complete relationship bliss! Whether it’s 3 months or 3 years into the relationship this song reaffirms your feelings that you’ve found your soul mate, best friend and confidante. Not so subtly cue to your significant other that you want this song played at dinner.

“Hold me close through the night

Don’t let me go, we’ll be alright

Touch my soul and hold it tight

I’ve been waiting all my life

I won’t scar your young heart

Just take my hand”

3.Paper Hearts

If you recently went through a breakup and are having a hard time with this Valentine’s Day, this song is a reminder that we get it. You still think about him, remember the good times but now it is time to face this hard part but it doesn’t mean you should feel bad about still missing them.

“I live through pictures as if I was right there by your side

But you’ll be good without me and if I could just give it some time

I’ll be alright

Goodbye love you flew right by love”

4.Beautiful Things

Don’t worry, I didn’t forget about the long distance couples! This song is a plea to hold onto the relationship you have despite the fact that it’s hard. You think about that person everyday but around this holiday it’s hard not to question everything when you can’t spend the day together.

“If you go, I think I’d understand

It’s not that easy holding my hand

But you should know, that I miss you all the time

And I wish that I could tell you that we’ll be alright

But I can’t be where you are tonight”

5.Falling Slow

Not all relationships could be cemented by this point of the year but this song is an ode to that strong sense of butterflies in your stomach. It is super vulnerable to be a new couple where you’re not even sure what the future holds or if they’ll like you when you make mistakes but there’s no doubt that you’re falling for them!

“What if I messed up? Would you give up on us?

Would you tear the page out like it never ever happened?

What if I told you you’re doing fine? Stay cool

Swear I’ll make it worthwhile, baby

You should know I’m always falling slow in love”

6.Thinkin’ Bout You

Yes, this isn’t a Tori Kelly original but this song is what gained her the most attention on YouTube before her career launched. This song is all about the turbulence associated with falling in love. Let’s face it, some relationships come out of nowhere and shake up your whole world!

“It won’t ever get old, not in my soul not in

my spirit, keep it alive

We’ll go down this road

‘Til it turns from color to black and white

Or do you not think so far ahead?

‘Cause I been thinkin’ ‘about forever “

Happy Valentine’s Day to my readers in a relationship, single or it’s complicated! May Tori Kelly guide your musical playlist this weekend.

Hofstra '17 Hofstra Chapter Vice President (December '16 - December '17) From a young age Naledi has been obsessed with all things pop culture and entertainment. Through writing for Her Campus she has been able to reach a large audience of badass collegiate women who share her crazy passions as well. Beyond Her Campus Naledi is IN LOVE with Hofstra. Her favorite part? The school of comm for allowing her to branch out and get a real dip into the real world prior to graduating. Additionally Naledi is one of those classic people who studies abroad in the spring of 2016 and won't ever stop talking about it! Her best advice? Go and see the world kids and fall in love with your major like Ali and Noah from the Notebook fell in love with each other.
Coming from a small town in Connecticut, Hailey is a recent graduate of Hofstra University. She spent her time in school working as the Campus Correspondent for the Hofstra chapter of Her Campus where she led the chapter to a pink level status every semester she oversaw the chapter. She also served as the Personnel Director for Marconi Award Winning station WRHU-FM. While holding multiple positions at Hofstra, she was a communications intern at Brooklyn Sports and Entertainment, the company that oversees Barclays Center and Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum.