This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

NAME:  Louis Ban

AGE: 20

CLASS STANDING: Sophomore

MAJOR: Exercise science

HOMETOWN: Hilton, NY

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: In a relationship (6 years long!)

INVOLVEMENT AT HOFSTRA: Captain of the Powerlifting team

HOBBIES: if I’m not eating, sleeping, or watching Netflix, I’m in the gym with my team

FUN FACT: I currently hold the teen squat world record with 535lbs

FAVORITE FOOD: Rare steak

FAVORITE SPORTS TEAM: Real Madrid

FAVORITE TV SHOW: Trailer Park Boys

FAVORITE SONG: Tonari no Totoro (cover) by Imaginary Flying Machines

CELEB CRUSH: Taylor swift definitely. She’s the only person I can sing karaoke to and her face was carved by angels

WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GIRL: Someone that can dance better than I can and someone who will laugh at all my stupid antics

WORST DATE: the worst date I have ever been on was Valentine’s day a couple years ago with my girlfriend. We went to a really expensive restaurant and wasted almost $200 dollars on AWFUL food. Then to try and make the night better we went to a nightclub to go dancing and instead of having any fun, a man wearing a dress and makeup tried grinding on me as a joke…I didn’t find it very funny

IDEAL DATE: the best date I can think of is dinner at my favorite restaurant of all time, Belmare d’Ischia, and then laying on the beach just talking until the sun went down

WHERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 5 YEARS: hopefully in five years I’ll be graduated and working on owning my own training facility for athletes

ROLE MODEL: my role model is, without a doubt, my grandfather. He was able to come from nothing moving from Italy to Brooklyn when he was only 9 years old. Through working hard and overcoming a lot he was able to turn into such an excellent father and grandfather to an amazingly close family

ONE PLACE YOU WANT TO TRAVEL TO: I would love to travel to Croatia to see where my father’s side of the family is from. I’ve heard amazing things about how beautiful the landscape and people are and I think it would be a great experience.

Currently a Sophomore at Hofstra University working towards a BA in Journalism, with a minor in Sociology. In the past Clare has worked for the non-profit Plan USA to help run youth advocacy programs and has worked to promote youth governance and youth empowerment in social activism. After graduation, Clare hopes to work for Buzzfeed (fingers crossed) or another online news source. She is looking for her big break in life with the least amount of mistakes on the journey there.